08/07/14, 04:46 AM   #1
unLeashed3k
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Missing something critical

I was going to make a post about, yet, another problem I have with a piece of code but decided if someone kindly guide me in the right direction away from what I'm doing wrong. So a little setup of my newest endeavour to create something with this API with horrible failure.

First, I get how to use events, ZoS created functions(), build (poorly) code to support the output to make things happen within the GUI, so long as I made the elements. That emphasis part is the foundation of my problems. Anyways, I'll get back to that after I explain my code.

I created a little animation function for when EVENT_PLAYER_IN_PIN_AREA_CHANGED fired. Events fire once when something happens. Check, makes sense. So the animation will happen when the player enters the area (true) and will fire again when they leave (false) and the animation resets itself. So far no problems, but if the quest is finished while within the "area" then the animation will not fire, or a player dies it will not fire, etc. (so many reasons). At this point I understand why it's not firing and there's no way for me to get if the player is in the area anymore *just so I can fire the animation*. Which by the way the animation is just the reverse.

So, I know what needs to be done. Because the event will not fire because of reasons mentioned previously I now need to look to other ways of accomplishing my goal. The G Damn Compass. The compass will highlight blue if you're A) on a Tracked Quest and In The Area or B) if the quest is not tracked the compass will still have a highlighted border.

I tried a hundred different ways to get the trigger and state of of the compass and why it's highlighting but have failed at every single attempt. So my question is broad and may be unanswerable; where do I begin to learn how to extract information from this game that is clearly present in the ZoS created GUI?
08/07/14, 05:19 AM   #2
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by unLeashed3k View Post
where do I begin to learn how to extract information from this game that is clearly present in the ZoS created GUI?
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/ESOMod:File_Formats

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Missing something critical