01/07/20, 02:57 PM   #1
Octopuss

"Too many anchors processed." what???

This is new. Never had it happen before, and now I'm lost; no idea how to troubleshoot this.
This is what the log says:
Code:
2020-01-07T21:50:35.600+01:00 |cff0000Gui Warning: Too many anchors processed. Tail of anchor list:
Options_Camera_SiegeWeaponryDropdownSelectedItemText->
Options_Camera_SiegeWeaponryDropdownOpenDropdown->
Options_Camera_SiegeWeaponryName->
Options_Gameplay_FootInverseKinematicsName->
Options_Gameplay_FootInverseKinematicsCheckbox|r
2020-01-07T21:50:36.261+01:00 |cff0000Gui Warning: Too many anchors processed. Tail of anchor list:
Options_Video_Particle_Suppression_DistanceName->
Options_Video_View_Distance->
Options_Video_View_DistanceSlider->
Options_Video_View_DistanceSliderBackdrop->
Options_Video_View_DistanceSliderBackdropMungeOverlay|r
Halp! Anyone has any idea?
01/07/20, 03:16 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Happens when you have too many addons creating a lot of anchors.
01/07/20, 04:26 PM   #3
Octopuss

But I've have the same amount of addons for... well - months! This has never happened to me in over two years, so why now?

What is an anchor anyway?
01/07/20, 04:28 PM   #4
Rhyono
If it doesn't keep happening, then don't worry about it. Anchors are just part of displaying items in custom UIs. Some addons need a ton of them.
01/08/20, 02:27 AM   #5
Octopuss

I assume it is still happening somehow, but needs a trigger. I haven't researched anything in over a year so I had no idea ,but now with a new char it's almost a guarantee when I set something for research and use keyboard shortcuts. It's bizzare.
01/08/20, 05:57 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Anchors are like the anchoiring points of the textures/controls to the UI elements.
If you got addons which create many UI elements (buff helpers, harvestmap, ....) there could be the problem that the game says "enough" and throws this error message.

There is an "Anchor away" addon bv Harven which should still work and suppress this error message.

Btw: Even with the same addons enabled the error might not happen for months and then all of sudden it does. Depends on the amount of controls created on your UI (more visible enemies, more group members, more buffs, more items, more harvest nodes, more map changing addons or changed a setting in an addon to see more on distance etc. -> more anchors needed -> error message upon reloadui/login).

I could be wrong but you might have changed your view distance in the settings and this might have caused it (if the message above is correct or at least shows the last processed anchors after your changes. But this could also be a random list of anchors there.)
01/09/20, 02:23 AM   #7
Octopuss

It's extremely puzzling, because I've used the same base game settings for maybe two years.
There's no way to troubleshoot this because last time I researched any items was months and months ago. Back then, it worked just fine with roughly the same number of addons (and the "heavy" ones are unchanged, I've used the same ones since the beginning).
01/09/20, 08:12 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Can also happen because you got more items in your inventory which needs more attached textures (as you have posted into my addon FCOItemSaver, which anchors texture controls to the items).
Or more visible harvest nodes in the zone.
More players around.
Depending on the addons you are using this could have many reasons.
01/12/20, 10:04 AM   #9
Hamfast
This happens to me when I reloadui, from the above posts I am guessing that the addons all try to load in a short time and that causes the issue... so far all I have done is close the window as it seems to have little effect beyond popping up the error.
01/13/20, 01:15 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Correct. In most cases it does not harm the game in any way but wants to tell you that there are many anchors preocessed in a short time.
You can try to use Harvens Anchor Away addon to automatically suppress this message as well.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » "Too many anchors processed." what???