04/16/14, 09:43 AM   #1
Sp00sty
Manual Update to show version # in-game GUI?

I notice that Wykkyd's mods now show the actual version in the In-game ADDONS gui tab.

Is there a simple place I can manually modify the other mods I use to do the same thing? Or is this special coding by Wykkyd?

I still can't get Minion to work for me so I am still manually updating so seeing the version on screen would help when I check back into ESOUI for updates.

Thanks
04/16/14, 11:04 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post
I notice that Wykkyd's mods now show the actual version in the In-game ADDONS gui tab.

Is there a simple place I can manually modify the other mods I use to do the same thing? Or is this special coding by Wykkyd?

I still can't get Minion to work for me so I am still manually updating so seeing the version on screen would help when I check back into ESOUI for updates.

Thanks
That notification is a debug message. If you want other addons to display the same thing you have to add one line of code to the end of initialization function.
lua Code:
  1. d("text to display")

But I think that much easier is to add addons you use to the favorites (here on EsoUI) and you will get notification when addon is updated.

Last edited by Garkin : 04/16/14 at 11:07 AM.
04/16/14, 12:37 PM   #3
Sp00sty
Thanks,

I didn't know about the favorites function, I'll try that as well.
04/16/14, 01:45 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post

Thanks
Hi Sp00sty,

Can I ask you to post in the Minion forum with the problem you are experiencing with Minion? Please also include the following information with the bug report:
  • Your minion#.log (located under C:\Users\<username>\.minion\).
  • Your minion.xml (located under C:\Users\<username>\.minion\).
  • A screenshot of the problem if applicable.
  • What operating system are you using Minion with?

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
But I think that much easier is to add addons you use to the favorites (here on EsoUI) and you will get notification when addon is updated.
In addition to what Garkin said (thanks Garkin!), not only can you get notifications here on the site when one of your favourites is updated, but you can also set it to send you email alerts as well.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04/16/14 at 02:28 PM.
04/16/14, 01:51 PM   #5
Sp00sty
Cairenn,

Basically all the same issues that others have posted when trying to manage multiple firewalls and permissions. I'll try again maybe one more time this week and post in that forum if I do.

Thank You, both for your help.
04/16/14, 02:27 PM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
With out looking at your xml & log please don't assume your problem is the same. Most of the posts on this issues the problems and solutions range widely.

Posting those 2 files Cairenn talked about here will help us and depending on the problem there may be a solution to get you up and running asap.

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 04/16/14 at 02:33 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Manual Update to show version # in-game GUI?