02/20/16, 03:03 AM   #1
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there a way to do something after you consume a specific item?

Like a drunk effect addon where when you drink alcohol you get drunk effects?
02/20/16, 03:44 AM   #2
Ayantir

Not really, we only have access to UI, not 3D engine, we cannot move camera, and if adding texture, it's only 2D on UI level. So the Lotro (or other games) effect when you're drunked is almost impossible to emulate.
02/21/16, 09:20 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
One could possibly add some 2d textures of flying pink elephants though
02/23/16, 11:38 AM   #4
Jizargo
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Not really, we only have access to UI, not 3D engine, we cannot move camera, and if adding texture, it's only 2D on UI level. So the Lotro (or other games) effect when you're drunked is almost impossible to emulate.
So can you do this, If Item(ID) consumed, then do whatever ie play /sick /drunk.

Also can you use that sides of the screen stuff? It's typically a light black tint that is hardly noticeable but sometimes it'll become white and start to grow, and there is even a quest in the Ebonheart Pact that uses it as a blueish/white color to represent how cold you are.

And I can you make external edits with addons? Like if the in game time is 1:00, and I want to edit an external file or do anything outside of the lua file, is that possible? IE call a batch file from lua.
02/24/16, 04:08 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
External files won't be allowed to execute/edit by the help of lua addons (in TESO).
You would need to save something to the addons savedvariables file by doing a reloadui, close the game or logout.
Then use an external program to check the savedvariables file of the addon and update your external file from the info in that savedvariablse file.

So this cannot be done without at least a /reloadui inside the game at your given time!

About starting an emote after consuming an item:
I'm not sure if there is a possibility to get the info which item type (drink) was consumed.
I guess you need to collect and build a list of the drinks/food that you want to "raise" this drunk effect.

After using the item you need to check against this list then if it was one of the drinks/food.

Last edited by Baertram : 02/24/16 at 04:10 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Is there a way to do something after you consume a specific item?