04/13/14, 04:15 PM   #1
ZandrenVexx
Addons not saving settings?

As the title suggests.
Addons are in the correct documents folder. I can see them and set them up in the game. I get everything set perfectly...no errors. Log out, or quit the game...on the next log in, all settings have reverted, and all addon menu options are set at default ( mostly off ) status.

It seems as if they are not finding my saved variables folder ( where all addon sv's are indeed located). I am stumped, and a little bit frustrated as I love the addons I am using, and would like to get this figured out.

Addon list:

Wykkyd's Framework
Wykkyds Outfitter
Wykkyds Quest Tools
ZrMMap
LootFilter
SpamFilter
Slightly Improved Attribute Bars

None of the settings save.

And (tell me if you think this is related)...I resize my chat window as well...and it also doesn't save it's settings?

Any help/ Ideas?

Thanx In Advance-
Z

*EDIT*
Disregard. Found the solution.
Delete "AddOnSettings.txt" file from the "Live" folder.

Move along. Nothing left to see here. :P

You can delete or close this thread

Last edited by ZandrenVexx : 04/13/14 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Found solution
04/13/14, 06:51 PM   #2
Silversonic
I logged in and realize the same problem, all of the saved UI positions were gone and saved variables were gone. After inspecting the SavedVariables folder and lua files, I think I found the problem. The lua file for each addon used to be structured as ["account name"] then ["character name"], now the game tries to read a new set of variables marked as [" "] followed by ["character name"].

Seems like Zenimax made a change to how addons are saved without telling us, or might be another reason. All in all, this change is annoying and you gotta go through each one of your SavedVariables lua file and change the account name to empty, and delete the new setting they created.

I'm not a lua programmer so I'm sure they is a smarter way of doing this, just gotta wait till someone who knows the programming to reply :P
04/13/14, 07:16 PM   #3
ShinChuck
Having the same issue here, and it's especially brutal since settings don't seem to carry over from one character to another in the first place! Having to readjust everything on each login is ouchy.
04/13/14, 07:19 PM   #4
Breck
It's because you are on an overflow server. You should notice you appear to not be in any guilds and your friends list is empty. Apparently, when you are on an overflow server you have no global handle and addons are unable to properly deal with whatever your identity is temporarily converted to. Once you get back on the megaserver you'll notice everything appears to fix itself.
04/13/14, 08:05 PM   #5
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ah, that would explain what I thought were corruptions in my saved variables file. Half the data was against the proper account and the other half under a blank account name.

No wonder the game didn't hiccough about that scenario. Handy to know that I can just ignore validating a blank account section of the saved variables file and assume the game will fix it at some point.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons not saving settings?