03/24/15, 07:32 AM   #1
Paygon
No Debuffs shown

Hello,

iīve tested two Addons (FTC and srendarr) and with both iīve the same problem:
No debuffs on targets are shown

The buffs are working fine (on me and target also if i look at a player) but i donīt get debuffs.
I activated them, i can move the frames if unlocked but infight i see nothing.

I deleted all addons and cleared my folders in my directions completly, nothing worked.

Someone have some tips or know whatīs the problem?

greets
03/24/15, 07:36 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem: Game's API is not providing the information (not anymore like before).
All addons working before 1.6 are not "working with this part" anymore, as far as I know.
You'll have to play without the debuffs and try it again, liek the game provides, with the normal visual effects (or just taunt the boss again and waste your stamina, making the boss non-tauntable for 5 seconds ^^)
03/24/15, 07:43 AM   #3
Paygon
Thx for the answer

But are u sure?
I asked in my guild and in region chat, most of the people said it works fine,
some others have the same problem...
03/24/15, 07:57 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No, I'm not totally sure. But all ppl I asked so far tell me they don't see the enemy buffs snce update to 1.6.
Sometimes it seems to work, most of the time it doesn't.
And I think the times where it works is just a "fake" as the addons realize when you press your key to start your cast etc. and then assume the casted buff will "start at this time" and "will end in time x seconds". The enemy's buff bar will show the buff then for this time, which is actually only a fake from teh addon and not the real feedback from the game.
As far as I know there is NO feedback for the buffs anymore. It was there after update 1.3, but not anymore after update to 1.6.
03/24/15, 08:06 AM   #5
Paygon
ok thank u, have a nice day
03/24/15, 12:01 PM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
This is the first I've heard of any changes to the debuff API. I don't think we did anything intentional to change that in 1.6. Do you have any details on what's different?
03/24/15, 12:06 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm not sure about this, as I wrote above! It is not my source code and I did never check it so far.
But the addons showing the buffs of enemies did not show them anymore since update to 1.6 and many ppl were discussing about it.
I'm not sure where I read it in detail but most ppl were talking about the aggro management and boss fights in detail.
Before update to 1.3 some addons were able to see if the boss got the aggro taunt on it. Afterwards they were not anymore able to see it, so they used the aggro taunt again to realize, that he was imune to it (so they wasted their stamina).
03/24/15, 12:27 PM   #8
Garkin

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'm not sure about this, as I wrote above! It is not my source code and I did never check it so far.
But the addons showing the buffs of enemies did not show them anymore since update to 1.6 and many ppl were discussing about it.
I'm not sure where I read it in detail but most ppl were talking about the aggro management and boss fights in detail.
Before update to 1.3 some addons were able to see if the boss got the aggro taunt on it. Afterwards they were not anymore able to see it, so they used the aggro taunt again to realize, that he was imune to it (so they wasted their stamina).
I'm pretty sure that API reports only buffs with duration longer then 30s. There is no taunt that lasts that long, so it is unlikely that taunt was reported by API.

As you have said before, all short term debuff timers are just estimated time how long debuff should last on the target after you cast ability.

But what I really want to know is if buffs like Major Brutality stacks with Minor Brutality and if effects are multiplicative or additive. I'm trying to figure out how can I add timers for such buffs to Srendarr.

Check this topic: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...the_major_one/
Does Minor buff overwrite Major buff or potion tooltip has misplaced decimal and buffs from potions lasts 4.3s instead of 43s?
03/24/15, 01:14 PM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
But what I really want to know is if buffs like Major Brutality stacks with Minor Brutality and if effects are multiplicative or additive. I'm trying to figure out how can I add timers for such buffs to Srendarr.
You can have one of each major and minor. They stack additively.
03/26/15, 07:18 AM   #10
mra4nii
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Does Minor buff overwrite Major buff or potion tooltip has misplaced decimal and buffs from potions lasts 4.3s instead of 43s?
I noticed this as well, but not on all potions. Stamina potions for example works as Garkin said, but weapon damage potion seem to buff stamina regen and weapon damange for proper time, indicated in tooltip.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » No Debuffs shown