04/06/15, 07:20 AM   #1
hearttunes
Unhappy UI-Error - cannot install Addons

Hey,

Yesterday I tried to get some AddOns like Skyshards, Destiny or Recount for ESO - but none of them were working. And yeah I guess it's the right folder. Before I tried to get these AddOns I was able to refresh the AddOn-Screen - now I just get this Error:

EsoUI/Common/ZO_AddOnManager/ZO_AddOnManager.lua:531: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_AddOnManager/ZO_AddOnManager.lua:531: in function 'ZO_AddOnManagerMultiButton_Callback'
:1: in function '(main chunk)'

I reinstalled TESO, but the UI-Error is still there, and I am still not able to get AddOns.
Anyone here who knows how to fix this?

Greets

Melle
04/06/15, 07:45 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by hearttunes View Post
Hey,

Yesterday I tried to get some AddOns like Skyshards, Destiny or Recount for ESO - but none of them were working. And yeah I guess it's the right folder. Before I tried to get these AddOns I was able to refresh the AddOn-Screen - now I just get this Error:

EsoUI/Common/ZO_AddOnManager/ZO_AddOnManager.lua:531: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_AddOnManager/ZO_AddOnManager.lua:531: in function 'ZO_AddOnManagerMultiButton_Callback'
:1: in function '(main chunk)'

I reinstalled TESO, but the UI-Error is still there, and I am still not able to get AddOns.
Anyone here who knows how to fix this?

Greets

Melle
This UI error comes from default UI, so I'd like to believe that it has nothing to do with addons.

However on second thought it can be caused by some addon which for unknown reason redefines function ReloadUI().
ZO_AddOnManager.lua:
http://esodata.uesp.net/current/src/...r.lua.html#531

Anyway, this error is displayed when you try to agree to EULA. I'd suggest to edit UserSettings.txt where is stored information if you have agreed to the EULA.
  • Make sure that game is not running
  • Open file ~My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.txt in text editor (Notepad)
  • Find lines where are defined console variables ViewedAddOnEULAVersion and AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion and change them like this:
    Code:
    SET ViewedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
    SET AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
  • Try to run game with addons
04/06/15, 07:54 AM   #3
hearttunes
I did it but ...

[*]Make sure that game is not running[*]Open file ~My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.txt in text editor (Notepad)[*]Find lines where are defined console variables ViewedAddOnEULAVersion and AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion and change them like this:
Code:
SET ViewedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
SET AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
[*]Try to run game with addons
Thank you for your fast answer.

I opend the file and found the two lines ViewedAddOnEULAVersion and AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion but they were already set on "5".

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » UI-Error - cannot install Addons