04/24/15, 01:32 AM   #1
Raven Ninjato

LUA level resetting by addon

I have always set my LUA level at 512 however it is being reset by an unknown addon to 128 whenever i log in. Does anyone know of any addons that set a lua limit as part of their initialization?
04/24/15, 07:42 AM   #2
Minceraft

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Lua Limit...

I've seen this too...but afaik there isn't an addon that does this on startup. But, that being said, the game has been patched lately and I think every time it patches, or you repair the game, it might reset the lua memory limit. As there really isn't a saved variables file to keep that from changing back on reset, this might be the cause... I'm going to look into this puzzle some more!!
04/24/15, 11:20 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe this one:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...LUAMemory.html
04/24/15, 12:34 PM   #4
Adalan
You could also change it manually in the "UserSettings.txt" with the line

SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "128"

to set this limit and if you got enough ram, you can raise it to 256, 512 and so on.
Search for it and disable the addons (shissu lua mem do btw the same, what you can do manually, except the automatic raise of mem).
04/24/15, 05:32 PM   #5
Raven Ninjato

Originally Posted by Adalan View Post
You could also change it manually in the "UserSettings.txt" with the line

SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "128"

to set this limit and if you got enough ram, you can raise it to 256, 512 and so on.
Search for it and disable the addons (shissu lua mem do btw the same, what you can do manually, except the automatic raise of mem).
The heart of the matter - i am setting it to 512 here and something is resetting it to 128 which throws the lua memory warning screen. I will try the lua memory mgmt addon suggested by Baertram.

Thank you all for the help & link!
04/27/15, 08:39 PM   #6
Raven Ninjato

Shissu's lua manager solves the issue

For those coming to this thread with similar lua memory issues i highly recommend downloading Shissu's lua memory manager tool - resolves lua issues in almost all cases.

Great addon!
04/28/15, 03:26 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm not sure why the addon should fix this as you can manually change the value in the usersettings.txt file as well?
This file shouldn't change automatically. If it does something might be wrong with your game client.
04/28/15, 11:44 AM   #8
Raven Ninjato

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'm not sure why the addon should fix this as you can manually change the value in the usersettings.txt file as well?
This file shouldn't change automatically. If it does something might be wrong with your game client.
That is exactly the problem - i would reset the value manually in usersettings.txt file and something was resetting it to 128. I have re-installed game client and that did not resolve the issue which led me to suspect that one of my addons might be the culprit.

While i was not able to pinpoint any addon setting a lua value, the lua management tool appears to override any changes to the value once use set it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » LUA level resetting by addon