04/18/22, 02:57 AM   #1
Magic Charmer
user:/SavedVariables/GS17Data.lua:51675: unfinished string near '<eof>'

Hi.

Today I logged and I found this error:

user:/SavedVariables/GS17Data.lua:51675: unfinished string near '<eof>'

I updated "LoreBooks" add-on and I hope this was enough to fix.

I have logged out and logged back in and the error seems to have disappeared.

Thank you!
04/18/22, 04:02 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As the error message folder and filename (there is no LoreBooks in there?) tells you this got nothing to do with LoreBooks so please just read instead of making assumptions

These folders/filenames belong to MasterMerchant if I'm not wrong and it seems the file there got too big, or corrupt somehow. If it fixes itself it's good.

To understand more you can read the sticky post about SavedVariables too.
04/18/22, 06:41 AM   #3
Sharlikran

Your game must have crashed because the error says unfinished string near end of file the file is corrupt and can not be repaired. Post in the MM comments section.
04/18/22, 08:12 AM   #4
Magic Charmer
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
As the error message folder and filename (there is no LoreBooks in there?) tells you this got nothing to do with LoreBooks so please just read instead of making assumptions

These folders/filenames belong to MasterMerchant if I'm not wrong and it seems the file there got too big, or corrupt somehow. If it fixes itself it's good.

To understand more you can read the sticky post about SavedVariables too.
I apologize for inappropriately and illogically accusing LoreBooks of the error I encountered.
Actually, I have not had any more errors and now everything works fine.
I am not a developer but simply a gamer who understands absolutely nothing about programming and next time I will avoid writing wrong without being sure what I am talking about.
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Your game must have crashed because the error says unfinished string near end of file the file is corrupt and can not be repaired. Post in the MM comments section.
However, I do not intend to unnecessarily disturb Sharlikran by opening another post in the MM comments section, because I have not had any error messages anymore and I can confirm that, simply, some prices of certain items that I sell in the Trade Guilds (which have always the same price) are no longer saved in MM but it doesn't matter, as when I made new sales of those objects, their prices were saved again by MM. Next time I can also consider using my Minion backups to restore the previous version of the corrupt lua file. I confirm, as told by Sharlikran, that my game has crashed.
04/18/22, 08:40 AM   #5
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Magic Charmer View Post
However, I do not intend to unnecessarily disturb Sharlikran by opening another post in the MM comments section
you really should so I can explain how to resolve the situation. I prefer to post there then here.

Originally Posted by Magic Charmer View Post
Next time I can also consider using my Minion backups to restore the previous version of the corrupt lua file. I confirm, as told by Sharlikran, that my game has crashed.
Once you restore backups you have to run the Refresh option under LibGuildStore. If you do that now, without fixing the situation then all sorts of things will be inaccurate.

Hence why you should post in the MM comments section and not feel you are disturbing me. I don't mind helping people when I know they need help. I am not perfect maybe I get that wrong sometimes, but for the most part I know when people are whining and complaining and when people need help.

You need some help to get things back to how they should be so please post in the MM comments section.
04/18/22, 09:01 AM   #6
Magic Charmer
Done!

Thank you very much Sharlikran !!
04/18/22, 11:16 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I am not a developer but simply a gamer who understands absolutely nothing about programming and next time I will avoid writing wrong without being sure what I am talking about.
Don't get me wrong and sorry if this sounded rude. I only wanted to point you to the already existing "how to" sections/threads at the forums and advice you to read them prior to posting errors or addon related problem posts, as they already explain what to look for, how to post the error messages, how to see which addon could cause it, what to tell so the dev knows what to do to rebuild the error, where to post the errors (addon comments e.g.), etc.

Beside the fact you could learn something, if you are interested, it got nothing to do with being a developer or not. It's just simple explanation, reading and understanding -> resolving the bugs by your own; or not understanding and being able to ask better questions to understand and solve it more easily, saving time for the devs/forum staff and even yourself for next error message then.

That's why these "sticky" threads at the top of each forum exist:

Last edited by Baertram : 04/18/22 at 11:19 AM.
04/18/22, 04:45 PM   #8
Magic Charmer
OK! I got it!

Thank you very much Baertram
And thank you Sharlikran for your help here

MM working fine !!

Last edited by Magic Charmer : 04/21/22 at 09:46 AM.
04/21/22, 04:51 AM   #9
Magic Charmer
Hi Baertram and Sharlikran!

Today I found this error

pattern parsing error stack traceback:[C]: in function 'string.find' user:/AddOns/LoreBooks/LoreBooks.lua:893: in function 'IsFoundInLoreLibrary'

and I'm sure it tells me about LoreBooks
so I'm posting it here in Lorebooks comments section.

Thank you in advance to Sharlikran.
04/21/22, 06:43 AM   #10
Sharlikran

Magic Charmer, don't do that please. When reporting something to an author just post in their comments section. Don't post in the forums or send them a PM.
04/21/22, 09:46 AM   #11
Magic Charmer
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Magic Charmer, don't do that please. When reporting something to an author just post in their comments section. Don't post in the forums or send them a PM.
OK! I got it!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » user:/SavedVariables/GS17Data.lua:51675: unfinished string near '<eof>'