05/17/22, 09:36 AM   #1
buerzn
Votan's Fisherman

Everything great guys?

I installed Votan and all its dependencies on addons and libs but the pins do not appear on my map, thank you in advance
05/17/22, 11:12 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not at home but it's probably working just fine as it was updated in January of this year.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

Don't forget to read the sticky post and even if I didn't link the right one there's like two or three of them you might want to read them all.

Then tell us what you've tried to resolve the issue because again if I install it it'll probably work 100% perfect without me doing anything at all.

Thanks in advance
05/17/22, 01:26 PM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Yes, please read all the posts that Sharlikran is referring to so you can try to troubleshoot your issue. So you can give us more information if necessary.
Also, if you haven’t already, please always post questions like these on the addon page’s comment section first, and give a few (or maybe several) days for the author to respond.
Another good source of help can be other players in-game, especially fellow guild members.

As for the addon, it’s working perfectly for me.
05/17/22, 01:46 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by buerzn View Post
I installed Votan and all its dependencies
Poor Votan, I'm interested what his dependencies are (food, water). btw, he is a he not an it, better show some respect (just kidding in case you do not speak ironic)

Welcome buerzn, yes I'm fine thanks for asking.
I'd be even feel better if you'd had read the point c), which I'm mentioning further down in this answer, before posting your addon related question.

Here is a general "how to check my my addon does not work" description:

a) Read the addon description and check if there are any errors resolved, dependencies named: Install them to live/AddOns as if they were any normal addon
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...rman.html#info

b) Read the addon comments, maybe others got similar issues and resolved them:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments
Read this about dependencies if you are interested in how they work and what youc an do to fix problems (should not be the case for Votans addons as they are up2date):
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

c) Read this as it describes the same as the others and me did now again and again and again
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9885

d) Check ingame if the addon shows in the addon manager's list at character selection, and ingame after loading a toon. Check the versions shown there, and checkif all dependencies are there and can be enabled and if the addon can be enabled.
Reload the UI then with the dependencies and the addon enabled.
Check the settings menu of the addons if the addon shows up.
If this is fine: At least the addon was fond and loaded.
If not: You either installed the addon wrong, like you have extracted the zip files manually and created a subfolder /live/Addons/VotansFisherman_v12/VotansFisherman where the actual folder must be /live/Addons/VotansFisherman (only an example!)
Check the folders and the files in live/AddOns.

If pins at the map are missing open the map, check the "filters" at the map and check if they are enabled. Maybe they are there but just hidden.
Check the addon settings if you need to enable something, read the addon description for that too and the author's FAQ at the author's portal (if provided). You can find it at the addon's description page, top right (if enabled):

Attention: If it's not enabled you won't see the Portal, Bug and Features buttons there! The author prefers to use private messages, emails or the addon comments then.

But communication via the forum threads, especially related to a particular addon, is the last way to go please!
05/17/22, 02:47 PM   #5
Sharlikran

I'm a little picky for where the pin should be but I was in the Deadlands and it was working so I am fairly certain it will work for older zones.
05/18/22, 03:17 AM   #6
tim99

I installed Votan

Can he also play music like Alexa?

on a side note....dont you have to fish/find them first, so the addon can remember later?
05/18/22, 08:04 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by tim99 View Post
on a side note....dont you have to fish/find them first, so the addon can remember later?
Thanks for adding this side note, I did not provide that in detail and just answered "Read the addon description"
05/18/22, 08:19 AM   #8
Sharlikran

I installed Votan and all its dependencies on addons and libs but the pins do not appear on my map, thank you in advance
Originally Posted by tim99 View Post
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I did not provide that in detail and just answered "Read the addon description"
With everything said, did you read the description page for the mod? It does not come with pin locations. Destinations and Map Pins has some but whether or not they are sufficient is only the result of volunteers providing the information. Which most users want the information to already be there and do not want to take the time to provide it.

Because of that you should expect that any mod displaying a pin on the map, the pin needs to be collected by the player before it will show up unless otherwise specified.

For some mods like Quest Map I don't know how explicit it is and I don't feel like updating it but it does come with the quest locations for the pins. It won't automatically have them for new zones right away after a new Chapter. (It could though) So that that is something to consider also. If a mod says users do not have to find the pins themselves it may only have pins for previous chapters and it may not be very through because that is dependent on volunteers providing the information.
05/19/22, 02:53 PM   #9
votan

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Poor Votan, I'm interested what his dependencies are (food, water). btw, he is a he not an it, better show some respect (just kidding in case you do not speak ironic)
I am easily maintainable.

Yes buerzn, there is no data with all pins shipped with this addon. And you have to enable showing pins in the settings or map filter tab. And you should not install any addon providing new textures while ESO is running.

And no, you want to hear me singing.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Votan's Fisherman