10/06/21, 03:34 PM   #1
Helldir

Sous Chef

Unfortunately I know nothing about coding so I can only hope that someone can and will save the add-on "Sous Chef". I'm getting two errors from it:

Code:
Failed to create control 'ItemSortBank'. Duplicate name.
The this one:

Code:
user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibSort-1.0/LibSort-1.0.lua:38: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibSort-1.0/LibSort-1.0.lua:38: in function 'LibSort:SetupArrows'
user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibSort-1.0/LibSort-1.0.lua:131: in function 'LibSort:Loaded'
user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibSort-1.0/LibSort-1.0.lua:136: in function '(anonymous)'
I sincerely hope that someone can fix it.
10/06/21, 03:39 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As asked for in the sticky thread "Please read BEFORE asking addon questions/post bugs/if you want to remove your addon":
Please use the addon comments to report issues
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ingHelper.html

btw: I do not have these issues. Are you sure you are using the most up2date version where it does not contain LibSort in the SousChef subfolder anymore but needs it to be installed to live/AddOns directly?

user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibSort-1.0 -> Means it's in your subfolder and thus you use an old version which is buggy!
Remove it (the total folder SousChef) and download Souschef and LibSort from www.esoui.com again, e.g. via Minion "the addon manager" to get the newest versions.

Last edited by Baertram : 10/06/21 at 03:45 PM.
10/07/21, 05:06 AM   #3
Helldir

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
As asked for in the sticky thread "Please read BEFORE asking addon questions/post bugs/if you want to remove your addon":
Please use the addon comments to report issues
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ingHelper.html

btw: I do not have these issues. Are you sure you are using the most up2date version where it does not contain LibSort in the SousChef subfolder anymore but needs it to be installed to live/AddOns directly?

user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibSort-1.0 -> Means it's in your subfolder and thus you use an old version which is buggy!
Remove it (the total folder SousChef) and download Souschef and LibSort from www.esoui.com again, e.g. via Minion "the addon manager" to get the newest versions.
Thank you so much, Baertram. I'm very sorry if I didn't not put this question in its proper place. I have just returned to ESO after 1½ years, I’m not the youngest of players, and I have a few challenges post stress, so bear with me. I’ll follow your instructions as they look like a plausible fix.
10/07/21, 05:57 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Helldir View Post
I have just returned to ESO after 1½ years, I’m not the youngest of players, and I have a few challenges post stress, so bear with me. I’ll follow your instructions as they look like a plausible fix.
No problem, I'm just linking the sticky posts as they contain information that is asked very often and can help you to find the answers and fixes more easily.

If you still have problems with SousChef please write to the addon comments and I'll be able to help there.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Sous Chef