04/26/14, 09:18 AM   #1
Onmyouji
Exclamation It doesn`t launch

Good day!

I have just downloaded Minion app, but unfortunately it doesn`t want to work properly (

When i try to laucnh this one - all i see is 2 error messages.
First: "no main class", another one: "Failed to launch JVM".
Java machine is installed on my PC. I have no the slightest idea why this app not work. (

Please see attached screenshots with errors.

Help! Please! Bada-boom!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	190  Click image for larger version

Name:	minion_1.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	286.3 KB
ID:	191  
04/26/14, 10:12 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64 installed?

Thanks
04/26/14, 11:11 AM   #3
Onmyouji
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Do you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64 installed?

Thanks
Yes. I have newer version of Visual C++ than your link (
04/26/14, 12:38 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Alright if you have the 64bit version of the redistributable installed then this is a known bug and we are having trouble figuring out why this is happening to a small group of people.

For the time being you can launch Minion by going to the install folder, then under app double clicking the Minion-jfx.jar. The default install location is C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Local\Minion\app.

Also keep in mind Minion may have problems with unicode directory names. We are working on a patch right now that we had hoped to release last week but its taking more time.

Sorry, and thanks for posting. I hope we find the root cause of this soon.
04/26/14, 02:28 PM   #5
Onmyouji
Yep, i have 64-bit version of Win7.

I tried to launch Minion from it`s directory, but without success. When i launch Minion-jfx.jar i see only a grey square with word "Minion" )) for a long time (i even think that this time is endless, but it hard to say the same about my patience)))

May be the problem is my username in Cyrillic. In such case there was nothing I can do about it.

So, i will be monitoring this thread and wait for hotfix
04/27/14, 01:32 AM   #6
taphor
Same problem here with win 8 64 bit Version.

If I open Minion-jfx.jar the "minion square" appears after that minion mininmizes to the taskbar and I can not oben it. It doesn't anything when I click on it.
04/27/14, 06:56 AM   #7
Niedzwiedz
Im running 64bit vista and up until yesterday it worked fine. A new version was downloaded yesterday and now while it opens it will not update mods..
04/27/14, 12:06 PM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Onmyouji View Post
Yep, i have 64-bit version of Win7.

I tried to launch Minion from it`s directory, but without success. When i launch Minion-jfx.jar i see only a grey square with word "Minion" )) for a long time (i even think that this time is endless, but it hard to say the same about my patience)))

May be the problem is my username in Cyrillic. In such case there was nothing I can do about it.

So, i will be monitoring this thread and wait for hotfix
If its sitting on the splash screen for a long time that means something is blocking the programs internet access. Can you think of a firewall, anit-virus, killer nic (lvm software), winsock misconfig that might cause this?
04/27/14, 12:07 PM   #9
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by taphor View Post
Same problem here with win 8 64 bit Version.

If I open Minion-jfx.jar the "minion square" appears after that minion mininmizes to the taskbar and I can not oben it. It doesn't anything when I click on it.
I need to confirm that you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64 installed and have tried re-installing it? I've found people that even had it installed had a corrupt version and needed to re-install it.

If you are sure thats installed then please see my reply above about something blocking Minions access to the internet.
04/27/14, 12:09 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Niedzwiedz View Post
Im running 64bit vista and up until yesterday it worked fine. A new version was downloaded yesterday and now while it opens it will not update mods..
Doesn't sound like your problem is related at all to Onmyouji's

Can you post your minion.xml and minion0.log? They are located in a folder called .minion under your windows user directory and this should help me diagnose the problem. You can find it here: C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\

Since your issue is not related to these guys I will split our posts off to a new thread when you reply.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/27/14 at 12:11 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » It doesn`t launch