03/18/24, 08:32 AM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild History Issues thread

Originally Posted by Jylly
it's exactly the same with me

everything green, log back, everything gone, all over again... frustrated
Originally Posted by jumi01
I think frustrations come from many directions, but my biggest frustration is that the system actually FORGETS what i manually scraped the day before. AND the day before. And so on. It's not that i have to scrap everything SINCE the last time i did... but i have to do all freaking 150 pages of data for each trade guild just to get all the data.... again.
Those are quotes from the Arkadius' Trade Tools comments section : https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...=1752#comments

This is not the behavior of the ZOS binary cache. LibHistoire no longer has a cache and is no longer in control of any sales data. Meaning, the buyer, seller, item, guild name, price, tax, none of that comes from LibHistoire anymore. Because of Update 41 LibHistoire no longer writes sales data to SavedVariables, and all the sales data is in the binary cache.

For Jylly and jumi01, what do you mean by all gone?

If you delete your ZOS binary cache then yes this would happen. However, you have to manually delete the binary cache files. The only other way is the Clear Cache option from the LibHistoire UI, but then again, you chose to clear the binary cache. When you do that you have to request it again.

The author of LibHistoire has mentioned in his comments section that there are ZOS issues he cannot get around. That's not the mod author's fault and ZOS is in communication with authors to make improvements.

So please clarify what is gone or missing the next day you log in because the data from the Binary cache doesn't get deleted one day to the next.

When you did not choose to delete the binary cache, then you do not have to go all the way to the last page, 150, 230, 300 pages, that's not needed.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/18/24 at 11:00 AM.
03/18/24, 12:50 PM   #2
Jylly
I mean by this:

I scan everything until it is green, it takes a long time but ok.
I log out, no warning appears.
I am happy.
I log in again 1 minute later with a different char, everything is back to 0.
I have to run everything through again as if I had never done it before.
If I use the option to clear cache directly in-game in the history, the display is green again for a short time, but only for a short time.
At the latest when I relog to another character everything is gone again.
I hope you can understand me, my English is not good. For some things I use a translation program.

I would like to thank you very much for spending so much time helping us.
03/18/24, 12:57 PM   #3
Sharlikran

That is what concerns me, you say you have all green bars, then log out, log into another character and you have all 0.

What is 0? If you meam the bars are pink then that is normal. Don't clear the cache anymore because I don't understand what is getting reset to 0 yet.

Can you show me a screenshot?
03/18/24, 03:15 PM   #4
Jylly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1668  
03/18/24, 03:20 PM   #5
Jylly
It stays that way unless I click on - clear cache - on
I then have to click clear cache in each line

I waited for more than an hour but nothing happened other than what you see, I didn't do anything else.
I have very few addons, just the ones that are necessary.

Last edited by Jylly : 03/18/24 at 03:23 PM.
03/18/24, 03:31 PM   #6
Sharlikran

What does that menu look like in German? What are the names of those three menu options?

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/19/24 at 10:51 PM.
03/18/24, 03:36 PM   #7
Jylly
It's written exactly like that in English for me.
Nothing is translated into German on the addon
03/18/24, 03:46 PM   #8
Jylly
for your information

I have both Att and MM
I deleted all save variales before loading the new versions
I have all the necessary libs
I tried att and mm solo with history and I tried both in parallel

It is always the same.
At the moment I only have ATT.

I have two guild masters in my guild who are like me.

One question: I also have some of Shissu's Guild tools. The addon is no longer maintained. I use it because there is no alternative or I don't know of any.
Should I delete the half-broken addon?
03/18/24, 04:00 PM   #9
Sharlikran

Uninstall Shissu's

For HÄNDLER choose Automatic, and the other categories Force Off, please. For all guilds.

Then you should have what you see in my menu where you have an eye with a line through it. Showing the eye is crossed out.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/18/24 at 04:03 PM.
03/18/24, 04:05 PM   #10
Jylly
ok, I did it like that
03/18/24, 04:59 PM   #11
Sharlikran

Now, if HÄNDLER does not allow you to use the forward arrow to advance to one day of data, use Clear Cache and then request, 5 days of data, for now.

There won't be an incremental patch for the game until next week. So only worry about HÄNDLER for now.

If you or a GM, or officer need BANKGOLD then request it manually for the mod that uses it. If you have no mods that need access to BANKGOLD then ignore it for now.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/18/24 at 05:03 PM.
03/18/24, 05:11 PM   #12
Jylly
Ok, I did everything like that.
Let's see what it's like tomorrow.

Many thanks for the help.
03/19/24, 04:09 PM   #13
Jylly
I wanted to report back:

I logged in this morning and now late this evening, clicked on guild once, clicked on category once, everything is green.
It works great!!
03/20/24, 08:12 AM   #14
jumi01
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Those are quotes from the Arkadius' Trade Tools comments section : https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...=1752#comments

This is not the behavior of the ZOS binary cache. LibHistoire no longer has a cache and is no longer in control of any sales data. Meaning, the buyer, seller, item, guild name, price, tax, none of that comes from LibHistoire anymore. Because of Update 41 LibHistoire no longer writes sales data to SavedVariables, and all the sales data is in the binary cache.

For Jylly and jumi01, what do you mean by all gone?

If you delete your ZOS binary cache then yes this would happen. However, you have to manually delete the binary cache files. The only other way is the Clear Cache option from the LibHistoire UI, but then again, you chose to clear the binary cache. When you do that you have to request it again.

The author of LibHistoire has mentioned in his comments section that there are ZOS issues he cannot get around. That's not the mod author's fault and ZOS is in communication with authors to make improvements.

So please clarify what is gone or missing the next day you log in because the data from the Binary cache doesn't get deleted one day to the next.

When you did not choose to delete the binary cache, then you do not have to go all the way to the last page, 150, 230, 300 pages, that's not needed.
Exactly what I said. I log in, look at how much info the guild sales history has, and whereas yesterday (or literally the last time i logged in, which could be just an hour or two ago) i had data going back 15 days or whatever, now it's just the last day or two. or some random period of time. I can't put the picture in this post, so i'll just type out the data.

For one guild yesterday it went back to early March. I log in and this is what it says:

Oldest linked event 3/18/2024 19:11:13
Newest linked event: 3/19/2024 10:30:13

so what happened to the rest of the data? to get my trade bar green again, I have to click thru all the sales, or, if the server never actually retrieves the history, i have to clear cache and start all over again. And no, waiting 2-5 mins (or even in one case 20 mins or so) didn't help. I've found if it doesn't retrieve the history pretty quickly... within seconds... it's not going to.

I get that retrieving history isn't an addon thing, but the system as it is now is as close to unusable as you can get. Either we need a better connection to ZOS's data or ZOS needs to fix their data stream. I don't know which it is, but I don't think me complaining to ZOS is going to do much--they don't even know who I am. Content creators, however, have a much louder voice.
03/20/24, 08:56 AM   #15
Sharlikran

ZOS is aware. Sirinsidiator is the author of LibHistoire and he has been working very hard to work with the current functions provided to mod authors. ZOS is very collaborative and listens to mod authors all the time. I am hoping that after the next incremental patch that the issues will be resolved or that Sirinsidiator at least has enough improvements from ZOS to make additional improvements to LibHistoire. Then users won't have to deal with the guild history issues while ZOS continues to make things smoother.

ZOS appreciates our patience with the situation and I take time to recognize all the hard work they have done to give us an updated system and in resolving any issues.

For now though, if you read what I suggested to Jylly that is helping the most with reducing issues obtaining guild history.

Set the categories to force off for things you are ignoring, and set Trader to automatic. Clear the cache when needed.

Something that has been mentioned already, since you may have to clear the cache frequently for now, just request the amount of time needed for while you were logged off. Meaning if you are logged out for less than 24 hours then get 1 day of data.

ATT or MM isn't deleting sales when you use the LibHistoire function to clear ZOS's binary cache so that it isn't stuck. If you have gone back all the way to 18 or 19 days at least once, then you probably have all the data.

The tooltip isn't broken but when you have cleared the cache or the cache gets stuck then the tooltip may make it seem like the data is gone. That's not really happening. The binary file still has data in it, just that there is some issue right now that is making the process frustrating for people and the tooltip may not show accurate information.

I am having to deal with the situation the same as everyone else.

Here is a ESO forums link : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...omment_8066354

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/20/24 at 01:35 PM.
03/20/24, 11:12 AM   #16
jumi01
ZOS is aware. Sirinsidiator is the author of LibHistoire and he has been working very hard to work with the current functions provided to mod authors. ZOS is very collaborative and listens to mod authors all the time. I am hoping that after the next incremental patch that the issues will be resolved or that Sirinsidiator at least has enough improvements to make additional improvements. Then users won't have to deal with the guild history issues while ZOS continues to make things smoother.

ZOS appreciates our patience with the situation and I take time to recognize all the hard work they have done to give us an updated system and in resolving any issues.

For now though, if you read what I suggested to Jylly that is helping the most with reducing issues obtaining guild history.

Set the categories to force off for things you are ignoring, and set Trader to automatic. Clear the cache when needed.

Something that has been mentioned already, since you may have to clear the cache frequently for now, just request the amount of time needed for while you were logged off. Meaning if you are logged out for less than 24 hours then get 1 day of data.

ATT or MM isn't deleting sales when you use the LibHistoire function to clear ZOS's binary cache so that it isn't stuck. If you have gone back all the way to 18 or 19 days at least once, then you probably have all the data.

The tooltip isn't broken but when you have cleared the cache or the cache gets stuck then the tooltip may make it seem like the data is gone. That's not really happening. The binary file still has data in it, just that there is some issue right now that is making the process frustrating for people and the tooltip may not show accurate information.

I am having to deal with the situation the same as everyone else.
That's very good to hear that the creators and ZOS are already working to resolve the problem. I definitely lok forward to whatever solution they find.

I've already set most categories to force off. It's just the trade category that i am interested in for most of my guilds.

Thanks for the info
03/21/24, 08:43 PM   #17
Sharlikran

Known issues with Update 41

* Mod authors cannot check duplicate sales between old and new server data
* Item links from the server do not contain extended information
* Guild history categories may become unusable

To sum up the known issues, mod authors can not cross reference any previous sales data with the current sales data from the server and look for duplicate sales. Item links don't contain any extended information such as writ vouchers, potion effects, and possibly effects for glyphs. In addition to that you may have all green bars but switch characters and any Trader category could become stuck and you won't be able to use the forward arrow key or E Show More to request more data.
04/04/24, 05:54 PM   #18
heaven13
Updated MM today via Minion, receiving LUA errors on every login. Manual install has the same file dates so no change with that vs minion update.

Code:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/Iterators/Iterators_General.lua:664: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/Iterators/Iterators_General.lua:664: in function 'internal:DatabaseBusy'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/Iterators/Iterators_Sales.lua:376: in function 'prefunc'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/Iterators/Iterators_Sales.lua:212: in function 'internal:iterateOverSalesData'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/Iterators/Iterators_Sales.lua:434: in function 'internal:TruncateSalesHistory'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibGuildStore/LibGuildStore.lua:239: in function 'Queue'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibExecutionQueue/LibExecutionQueue.lua:34: in function 'lib:executeNextTask'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibExecutionQueue/LibExecutionQueue.lua:35: in function 'func'
/EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:263: in function '(anonymous)'
04/04/24, 06:08 PM   #19
Sharlikran

@heaven13

You some how have a corrupted install, exit the game, manually delete MM then reinstall.
04/06/24, 11:36 AM   #20
heaven13
You some how have a corrupted install, exit the game, manually delete MM then reinstall.
Thanks! Not sure how that happened but that fixed it! Appreciate your help.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Guild History Issues thread