11/05/20, 09:21 PM   #1
GruviaLockbuster
Addons Disabled Every Time I Login

Recently I have installed a few addons, but starting a few days ago every time I reload ESO after logging off it disables all my addons and I have to activate them again in the addon menu. It's really frustrating as sometimes I forget and have to completely log out and activate them from the main menu because my in-game addon menu also doesn't work. Please let me know if there is a way to troubleshoot this as its very annoying
11/06/20, 02:33 AM   #2
Keldor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have read reports in the official forum since the update that antivirus software is supposed to cause this problem. I don't have any antivirus software installed myself (except the Windows Defender ,which is quite sufficient by the way)

If you use an antivirus solution, see if you can create an exception for ESO to allow ESO to write the files under your Documents folder.

Regards
Keldor
11/06/20, 08:08 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, this is a known problem since Windows updates a few months ago already.

Add the folder c:\users\...\documents\elder scrolls online\live\ to your antivirus whitelist/exclusion list/allowed list of folders.
Assuming you did not change the standard windows documents folder! Else use the path of YOUR documents folder /elder scrolls online/live/.

Otherwise the file \documents\elder scrolls online\live\AddOnSettings.txt cannot be read and written properly and sometimes your SavedVariable files containing the addon settings cannot be read or written neither.
11/07/20, 10:46 AM   #4
BalaCroft
cure

If the tick in your "allow out dated addons" doesn't want to stay there:

Close the game.

Go to Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Addonsettings.txt and change the first line to end with 33 instead of 32.

And make sure the second line says
#LoadOutOfDateAddOns 1

Don't forget to save.
11/07/20, 10:56 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Code:
#Version 100033
#LoadOutOfDateAddOns 1
First 2 lines of live/AddOnSettings.txt should look like this.

But if the file was not updated properly some process blocks it, most likely the mentioned Antivirus software!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons Disabled Every Time I Login