03/24/22, 03:19 PM   #1
Attizh
Quest stuck

I have been doing the story quest lines and at a certain point I needed to find a key from a corpse to open an inn in Camlorn full of werewolves. Upon doing a quest Hidden in Flames for the alchemist inside the inn, I couldn't deliver the quest as he wasn't in the inn. he was also phasing in and out while I took the quest. Since reloading didn't work I quit the quest.

Now, my quest is broken as I can't get back into the inn and I also can't find the inn key any more. Is there a way to reset a quest, so I can start over?

Quests should always have multiple ways to solve them to avoid problems like this and also you would have the option to choose which way would serve you best. Also if you can reach the end of a story line fill in the unfinished parts even if that doesn't give you a skill point, etc.
03/24/22, 03:27 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah this happens quite often, due to whatever reasons
If a reloadui does not work, and a logout and login again does neither work, you often are forced to quit the whole quest row and redo some parts...

I alway search the web and official ESO forums for solutions first, and UESP as well as it often got additional quest infos:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Quests

And if you cannot find any help there, ask ingame in the zone chat. At the bitter end you sometimes need to abandon a quest line and redo it from whatever point the game then says you will start again
But it'd always first search the web up and down, ask in guilds. Maybe someone experienced the same or similar.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Quest stuck