06/11/22, 07:31 PM   #1
AsterialatView
error filenotfoundexception

I had a major issue with my addons not showing in game after high isle update. they were in the correct folder (didn't move) but it was not showing any addons. uninstalled and reinstalled minion, addons folder in C:\users\elder scrolls online\live\addons. so i got rid of all of my minion folders and reinstalled and now it's taking forever to download. attached event log for review
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (49.6 KB, 175 views)
06/11/22, 08:06 PM   #2
wookiefriseur

Code:
C:\Users\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
is not a normal path.. unless your user is called "Elder Scrolls Online" and you somehow remapped your mydocs folder to the root of your home path, that path is just wrong.

Usually it is located in "C:\users\USERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\", or wherever you remapped your document folder to.
06/11/22, 08:40 PM   #3
AsterialatView
in the folder C:\users\[USERNAME]\ doesn't have an elder scrolls online folder in it. the only thing in the documents folder is a shortcut to minion. There is an elder scrolls online folder where I stated previously however.
06/11/22, 08:51 PM   #4
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The point of the previous person is that the path is not standard. I will add to that, that if your path is "C:\users\elder scrolls online\live\addons" then the game will read that folder or do anything with it. It isn't programmed to look there.

If you set your computer up then remove any redirected Documents folder changes. If you have a significant other that might have done it get them to reverse the changes. Simply put nobody here can really fix it for you. Windows needs the folder location to be unaltered by anything not even OneDrive or anything equivalent.

Must be this path: C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

You can not manually create that either. You can try but no guarantee that it will work. The operating system has to know to do that automatically. Meaning when you save a document with any windows program and it defaults to MyDocuments then that must be C:\Users\[user name]\Documents otherwise the registry or environment variables and everything else isn't really defined in a standard way.

I believe what you are reporting but neither the game or minion would do that because it would be stupid so no programmer for ZOS or Minion would do that. How it got that way only you would know and if you don't that's fine but we could never explain it either.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 06/11/22 at 09:06 PM.
06/11/22, 09:12 PM   #5
wookiefriseur

Originally Posted by AsterialatView View Post
in the folder C:\users\[USERNAME]\ doesn't have an elder scrolls online folder in it. the only thing in the documents folder is a shortcut to minion. There is an elder scrolls online folder where I stated previously however.
Hmmm, just to be sure it's not just some copied folder: Start the game, log into a char, then make a screenshot using "Print Screen" key. It should show the path in the top right corner when you take a screenshot.

For you it should say
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots

If it says "C:\Users\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots" instead, then your system has been a bit misconfigured and refer to Sharlikrans post or add your user "Owner" to the folder permissions / run as admin if you don't want to fix the path. But this will keep causing problems in the future.
06/11/22, 09:28 PM   #6
AsterialatView
well, thank you for that. when I take the screenshot, here is where it shows it is: C:\Users\Owner\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons. I read something about the onedrive location causing some issue. Could that be causing my issue?
06/11/22, 09:53 PM   #7
wookiefriseur

Yeah, could be causing problems does not have to be the cause .. have you tried setting that OneDrive path in the Minion settings?

Try chaning that: "C:\Users\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns"
to this instead: "C:\Users\Owner\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons"

And then check if the installed AddOns appear ingame.
06/12/22, 06:24 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858

Just READ please, as the sticky posts contain all that information for you already. The "take Screenshot ingame" method is the simplest way to find the addon folder that ESO thinks it's the correct one.

And about "I did not change anything": ESO could change the folder by itself unfortunately so this is not a valid information here. Even if you did nothing, ESO or windows could have messed it up.
06/12/22, 09:53 AM   #9
AsterialatView
Baertram, ok.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » error filenotfoundexception