10/29/14, 03:09 PM   #1
Darden
[outdated] Groupinformation with EVENT_POWER_UPDATE

I would love if you could read out the Stamina and Magicka Values of your groupmembers. It's technically a really simple addon but it just doesnt work

10/29/14, 03:31 PM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Darden View Post
I would love if you could read out the Stamina and Magicka Values of your groupmembers. It's technically a really simple addon but it just doesnt work
I didn't test it, but did you try to use EVENT_UNIT_FRAME_UPDATE and read power using GetUnitPower(...)? I believe it should work for group units.

10/30/14, 02:41 PM   #3
Darden
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I didn't test it, but did you try to use EVENT_UNIT_FRAME_UPDATE and read power using GetUnitPower(...)? I believe it should work for group units.
It doesn't work either. I've heard that they disabled it and that you can only read your own Stamina and Magicka. Health does work for groups though.

11/22/15, 01:47 PM   #4
haggen

Sorry for the post resurrection, but any news on this?

11/22/15, 03:45 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Afaik you could only send your group member's stamina and magicka values by "helping hands" to other players that are using your addon too (-> see addon "Foundry Tactical Combat" how it sends/receives your/their done damage to the other group members using the same addon).

11/22/15, 04:49 PM   #6
haggen

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Afaik you could only send your group member's stamina and magicka values by "helping hands" to other players that are using your addon too (-> see addon "Foundry Tactical Combat" how it sends/receives your/their done damage to the other group members using the same addon).
What about capturing these values from COMBAT_EVENTS is that possible?

11/23/15, 06:41 AM   #7
Ayantir

stam & magicka values are not shared anywhere for group members. all functions returns nil. it's intended.

11/23/15, 06:56 AM   #8
haggen

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
stam & magicka values are not shared anywhere for group members. all functions returns nil. it's intended.
ZO ever said why? No chance for it to change soon?

11/23/15, 06:04 PM   #9
Ayantir

Intended since release. (It was available at beta).

That's not a dev decision, but a project manager one.
Sharing this type of info add a lot of powerlevel possibilities.
That's the same for group dps and addon communication throught chat system

11/26/15, 03:11 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can determine your own magicka and stammina values by lua source codes, right? Or isn't this possible?
-> So you'd be able to send this information to other players (who use the same addon and are listening for these values, like Foundry Tactical Combat sends the done damage to other group members using FTC).
I don't know the exact technique the addon uses, maybe the group map ping functions, but as this works somehow...

11/26/15, 01:47 PM   #11
haggen

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can determine your own magicka and stammina values by lua source codes, right? Or isn't this possible?
-> So you'd be able to send this information to other players (who use the same addon and are listening for these values, like Foundry Tactical Combat sends the done damage to other group members using FTC).
I don't know the exact technique the addon uses, maybe the group map ping functions, but as this works somehow...
So it seems. I thought it was impossible to communicate any data between players, that sounds dangerous... but interesting...

11/27/15, 09:01 AM   #12
Ayantir

speed is slow, pretty buggy and cannot be used for mass prod. don't consider this as a true solution

11/30/15, 04:11 AM   #13
Olivierko
The coordinates are rounded anyway, so the values that are sent/received aren't accurate.

11/30/15, 08:46 AM   #14
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I've been poking around about this internally. Would having power pools (magicka, stamina, ultimate) for friendly units be worthwhile? There are of course PvP implications to having hostile player power pool values.

11/30/15, 09:07 AM   #15
sirinsidiator

It would definitely make dungeons and trials easier to coordinate without voice chat as the other group members can see when someone is low on resources and needs help.
I wouldn't want to have it in pvp though. I think that would take away from the fun as bluffing becomes impossible.

11/30/15, 10:24 AM   #16
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
It would definitely make dungeons and trials easier to coordinate without voice chat as the other group members can see when someone is low on resources and needs help.
I wouldn't want to have it in pvp though. I think that would take away from the fun as bluffing becomes impossible.
Please don't add it to PvP as it would harm the gameplay and ppl would be able to predict everything!
But for dungeons and group play this would be a very nice addition where the players would be able to use the best fit skill at situations where it's getting heavy to survive

11/30/15, 12:48 PM   #17
haggen

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I've been poking around about this internally. Would having power pools (magicka, stamina, ultimate) for friendly units be worthwhile? There are of course PvP implications to having hostile player power pool values.
From allies (group and raid mates) yes, I think it's useful and safe enough.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Groupinformation with EVENT_POWER_UPDATE