08/12/15, 10:48 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
how can i remove completely the deleted characters ?

Before you think i did not search or do anything i went through google, and saw about the Zgoo addon.

So i followed the process and did :
- complete save of the live folder in case of trouble
- then with /zgoo sv, i went through all the sv of addons on the little windows, and deleted for each addon the 14 deleted characters since the Beta.

Logged off - and then compared the two live folders to see if there was really a difference and the old names were removed correctly.

They were.

Then i went back in game, and after logging each character once to be sur that no problem occurs, i wanted to use Joviex addon to copy the settings of some addons to all my characters, and bam! the full list with the old 14 deleted characters still shows on this windows addon.

So is this specific to Joviex ? or do i have to go further and do something to remove all the old characters names ?

Thank you for any help
08/13/15, 09:33 AM   #2
merlight
There may be add-ons with custom saved vars layout that /zgoo sv won't discover. I just looked at Joviex AST screenshot / code and it appears it's able to delete specific character's settings itself. Or the "Remove Setings" menu does something else?
08/13/15, 02:51 PM   #3
Anceane

unfortunatly i tried before Zgoo to remove the deleted with Joviex but it is not working at all.

The character vanish from the list, and the addon automate a reloadui after the delete and ... the deleted character comes back

I did a second check with Zgoo yesterday and from it all the deleted characters are gone but ... they still show in the Joviex listing

Next time i have to redo my computer a fresh install may i hope correct all that

Thanks for answering
08/13/15, 03:16 PM   #4
merlight
Last thing I'd try, edit jovAST/jovAST.lua and remove 'local' from line 12:
Lua Code:
  1. JOV_AST = ZO_Object:Subclass()

Then /zgoo JOV_AST.chars, under each character name there should be a list of SV tables, similar to what you got with /zgoo sv. Perhaps you could + expand only the deleted characters, COPY the list (zgoo COPY has a limit, if it's too long, nevermind, just take what's there ), I could add those to zgoo then.
08/13/15, 09:34 PM   #5
Anceane

ok will try to do that (try as sometimes my mind has some trouble to catch those indeep LUA things lol :P)
08/14/15, 04:08 PM   #6
Anceane

And .... Zgoo could not help as there was too much in deep old names again ..., so i took my courage at hand, removed all addons, flushed totally the live folder, did a full download of the game again, and reinstalled one by one the addons, even checking that some of us where not doing the same things

So now, Jovast works fine (well not perfectly as it still does not copy some addons even in the list), and all my old characters deleted are really gone this time. And my vars are not so heavily loaded of wrong informations about them.

I just finished. There is still some incompatibility with MM and Jovast but i deal with it, switching both addons when i need them

Thank you for the big help you gave me and finally push me to finish this :P

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » how can i remove completely the deleted characters ?