09/06/19, 09:48 AM   #1
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Exclamation NPCMuter - Doesn't Work On Bards

Had to get rid of Harven's Mute NPCs because I realized it silences the dragons in Elsweyr. I find it helpful to hear their shouts during combat so I know what spell their using.

I've let Harven know, but I don't know if/when he'll do anything.
(I'm not speaking badly of him. He gave us a lot of fantastic addons. I'm simply letting you all know that I'm very aware of everyone having lives outside of ESO and that they can be too busy to do some things.)
Besides, I believe I may prefer the blacklisting technique that NPCMuter provides.

I've started warily testing NPCMuter to see if it can better suit my needs.

I've muted a few NPCs in Rimmen so far without issue... except the bard Daahin in the crafting area and the bard Duzhargo in the inn are not getting muted, even when added to the mute list.

I believe this is because the addon adjusts the "Ambience Volume" when muted NPCs are talking nearby.
Bards' songs are tied into the "Effects Volume", therefore the NPCMuter addon does not mute them.

Since this addon allows you to use an "exclusive mute mode" (only muting NPCs you've manually added to a list via chat commands), it shouldn't ever become a problem in combat.

And if it could mute bards... it could be a sanity saver.

Would anyone like to tackle adding "Effects Volume" (bard muting) functionality & options to NPCMuter, please?

I'm not sure how one would need to add that functionality to the addon, but I'd be willing to help, if I could.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » NPCMuter - Doesn't Work On Bards