04/27/22, 10:55 PM   #1
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Lightbulb Request: Auto-Organize Newly Looted Items

Hi!

If it's possible, I'm requesting an addon that automatically organizes your inventory. Your regular bag and your craftbag. Whether it triggers right when you loot something, or when you open your bags. Doesn't matter to me.

I still want the "new item" icon (though I could do without the animation!), but I don't want all the new things I've looted to be stuck at the top of my inventory until I close and reopen my inventory.
Sometimes, I have sooo many new items since I last looked in my bag, that I have to close and reopen my bag several times before all the new items get organized into the rest of the items.
It's very annoying, in my opinion.

Is this possible? I've already tried searching around for an addon that does this, and I know that FCO ItemSaver gives me the option to remove the "new item" icon and animation... but I like the icon. And using that option doesn't organize the items. They're still at the top of the list until I refresh my bag by closing it and reopening it.

Help! <3

Edit/Update:
The more I think about it, the more I think that keeping the "new item" icon may not be possible. That would be fine.

Last edited by NeuroticPixels : 04/27/22 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Edited to also include "craftbag", and a lack of the "new item" icon would be okay.
04/28/22, 02:49 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
and I know that FCO ItemSaver
It's FCO ChangeStuff doing this

Once I find the time I can have a look why these new item icon and item category button flash options are not working properly anymore within FCOCS. Currently there seems to be a bug with companion inventory which leads to refresh of the new item stuff at normal player inventory.

I never actually realized the new items are shown at the top, but now as you say it ...
"Perhaps" I could add this to FCOCS too (disable the sorting). I'll update you here or at the FCOCS comments as I already wrote about the "bug with companion inv" there.
04/28/22, 03:01 AM   #3
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Oops! Next time I’ll just say “one of those awesome addons by Baertram”! lol
04/28/22, 11:57 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've found a way to fix the new marker icons but not the sorting. But I also found out why the items are at the top:
You need to manually click 1x on the "Name" column so it sorts by name. And after that this "new items at the top" is not active anymore.

Check the FCOChangeStuff comments/1st sticky comment for the updated version where you can test it.
04/28/22, 12:09 PM   #5
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
I will definitely give that a shot. Thank you!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Auto-Organize Newly Looted Items