06/19/21, 07:31 PM   #1
Stalwart385
Buff tracker for individual buffs

Hi, I'm looking for a buff tracker that will track individual buffs in a specific frame I can place where I want.

S'rendarr will do this exactly how I want but best I can tell it is limited to two buffs. I can whitelist one buff to go in one of the two whitelist frames (filters>prominent buff & aoe assignments).

Ultimately I have 4 buffs I want each in their own frame near my character. If the frame is counting down low or missing I know I need that buff. I don't have to sort through an ever-moving list of buffs.

Having debuffs on the enemy would be great also. The more option the better of course.

Thanks
06/20/21, 12:23 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can add unlimited buffs to one of the 7 (could be even more meanwhile) Srendarr buff lists? I'm not sure why you say there are only 2 possible lists, that's not true.
Check the settings of Srendarr, enable all lists, unlock the movement on the Ui to see them all.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/20/21 at 06:29 AM.
06/20/21, 03:12 AM   #3
Stalwart385
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You can add unlimited buffs to one of the 7 (could be even more meanwhile) Srendarr buff lists? I'm not sure why you say there are only 2 possible lists, that's not true.
Check the settings of Srendarr, enable all lists, unlock the movement on the Ui to see themball.
I'm looking for one buff whitelisted to one frame. I see 10 lists availble but I can only put lists of buff types in those frames. Under filters instead I can white list one buff to an unused frame. Essentially I get a single buff in a single frame. But I only see two sections where you can white list buffs to frames.

For example, I have my spiked armor in a frame upper left of my charater, dragon blood upper right, momentum bottom left, and oblivion bottom right. No other skills show in those frames. 1 frame dedicated to one buff. I can get it for 2 but dont see how to do more.
06/20/21, 06:29 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Under filters instead I can white list one buff to an unused frame.
No you can add as many buffs to the frames/list as you want to, also for whitelists
Just add other abilityIds/buffIds and press the return key and it will be added. At least this was how it worked in the past.
A 1 list = 1 buff restriction makes 0 sense.

Srendar provides a debug mode where youa re able to show the abilityIds / buffIds at your player buffs behind the buff name (if you press C you see your player buffs at the bottom).
Use these ids and add them to the whitelist frames.
I e.g. had setup my frame 7 to contain like 20 different buffs in the past. Currently not using Srendar anymore but if this had changed and is restritcted to only 1 buff per frame: it most likely is a bug and needs to be fixed.

And the description still says:
Assign important effects to specific frames by name or ability ID, separately for player and target.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/20/21 at 06:35 AM.
06/20/21, 11:38 AM   #5
Stalwart385
No you can add as many buffs to the frames/list as you want to, also for whitelists
Just add other abilityIds/buffIds and press the return key and it will be added. At least this was how it worked in the past.
A 1 list = 1 buff restriction makes 0 sense.

Srendar provides a debug mode where youa re able to show the abilityIds / buffIds at your player buffs behind the buff name (if you press C you see your player buffs at the bottom).
Use these ids and add them to the whitelist frames.
I e.g. had setup my frame 7 to contain like 20 different buffs in the past. Currently not using Srendar anymore but if this had changed and is restritcted to only 1 buff per frame: it most likely is a bug and needs to be fixed.

And the description still says:
Assign important effects to specific frames by name or ability ID, separately for player and target.
We still aren't on the same page.

I want 1 different buff in 4 different lists. I don't want 4 buffs in one lists.

Whitelist:
Dragon blood > list 1
Spiked Armor > list 2
Momentum > list 3
Oblivion > list 4

Now I can individually move and edit each buff in its own frame. You can only do that for two of those though.
06/20/21, 12:09 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yeah I know what you want and it was possible in the past.
Just enable the different buff containers (you name them lists) in the profiles etc.
And then use the Whitelist section to whitelist each of the 4 buffIds and select the 4 different containers / lists for their output -> 1 buff to each of the lists.
I'm not going to install the addon again to show you screenshots, it's possible, you simply need to use the whitelist and "select" the output list there for EACH of the buffs you add to the whitelist.
So in the end you need to enable 4 (or more) lists / containers, add 4 buffs to your whitelist, and as you add them choose which list / container they should show in.

If you do not know how to do this please ask the author at the addon comments, they are defined to get answers about the particular addon.
I also know there are youtube videos about this addon, maybe they will help.
e.g. https://alcasthq.com/eso-srendarr-addon-guide/
Read below "A few tips", it's the section where the up to 10 bars can be setup.
or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmXYsnnybs&t=316s -> Check 6:30 minutes for the prominent buffs whitelist and how to select the containter it should show in

Last edited by Baertram : 06/20/21 at 12:18 PM.
06/20/21, 06:42 PM   #7
Stalwart385
Yeah I know what you want and it was possible in the past.
Just enable the different buff containers (you name them lists) in the profiles etc.
And then use the Whitelist section to whitelist each of the 4 buffIds and select the 4 different containers / lists for their output -> 1 buff to each of the lists.
I'm not going to install the addon again to show you screenshots, it's possible, you simply need to use the whitelist and "select" the output list there for EACH of the buffs you add to the whitelist.
So in the end you need to enable 4 (or more) lists / containers, add 4 buffs to your whitelist, and as you add them choose which list / container they should show in.

If you do not know how to do this please ask the author at the addon comments, they are defined to get answers about the particular addon.
I also know there are youtube videos about this addon, maybe they will help.
e.g. https://alcasthq.com/eso-srendarr-addon-guide/
Read below "A few tips", it's the section where the up to 10 bars can be setup.
or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmXYsnnybs&t=316s -> Check 6:30 minutes for the prominent buffs whitelist and how to select the containter it should show in
Thank you for digging into this and trying to help.

I followed those links and they led me to what I was already doing.

There are two sections in the white list. I can for example add Dragon Blood to list 1 and Spiked Armor to list 2 to give them their own frame. That is it though. So two places to add specific buffs to lists only. I can change the list they are added to but it doesn't save. So only two lists can have whitelisted skills. (I should note you can do two with debuffs as well, which I use to track taunt in its own frame).

I'm looking to track multiple individual buffs in their own frame. I'll play around with it more whem I get home to make sure but it looks the same as I originally thought after checking those sources. Hopefully Srendars forum gets back to me or there is another option out there (or I'm missing a setting to add more options).
06/21/21, 01:18 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I can change the list they are added to but it doesn't save.
This is a bug then and you need to report it in the addon's comments please.

You should try if adding 1 buff that works to all 10 lists saves properly. Maybe you have just added buffs that are not trackable somehow, to the lists where it is not working. Some buffs are named xyz but do not provide the ablityId that you are searching for.
Check the Alcast video I have linked to see how to enable the debugging of the abilityId (added id to the character buffs section) and check the ID of the buff that you want to track, if you cast the skill to get the buff.
Add the ID then to the lists, not the "name" of the buff. The Id's are the thing that are used everywhere internally!
So you need to make sure you got the correct Ids tracked as 1 skll with name xyz can have like 5 different Ids of 5 buffs applied to you/others.
06/21/21, 06:39 AM   #9
Stalwart385
This is a bug then and you need to report it in the addon's comments please.

You should try if adding 1 buff that works to all 10 lists saves properly. Maybe you have just added buffs that are not trackable somehow, to the lists where it is not working. Some buffs are named xyz but do not provide the ablityId that you are searching for.
Check the Alcast video I have linked to see how to enable the debugging of the abilityId (added id to the character buffs section) and check the ID of the buff that you want to track, if you cast the skill to get the buff.
Add the ID then to the lists, not the "name" of the buff. The Id's are the thing that are used everywhere internally!
So you need to make sure you got the correct Ids tracked as 1 skll with name xyz can have like 5 different Ids of 5 buffs applied to you/others.
I fully understand how to whitelist buffs. I use it all the time. Unless there is some trick I'm missing you are only limited to two lists that can have a whitelisted skill in them. This doesn't appear to be a bug.

Changing the list only changes where the whitelisted buffs go. It doesn't appear meant to store them in the list.

I'll try to show you on my tank.

1. Starting with everything clear

2. Minor Vitality (Green Dragon Blood) added to list 1

3. Buff has its own frame now

4. Major Resolve (Balance) added to list 2

5. Buff has its own frame now

So what next I'm out of sections to add skills to lists?

I can change the list but that just changes where dragon blood goes.

How can I add a 3rd buff to it's own list (frame)? Best I can tell, you cant with this mod.

Last edited by Stalwart385 : 06/21/21 at 02:18 PM.
06/21/21, 10:13 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
In the past you had just choosen the dropdown to list 3, 4 5, 6 etc. and type in the abilityId/buffId/name again into the whitelist field.
This did not change the already added buffs from list1 -> list 3. But you had just defined new buffs for the list 3. In the end it was showing in list 1 and 3, if you had not removed the entries in one of the lists then.
It was a combination of selected dropdown list + buffId. Not a change of "allready added buffIds" -> moved to selected dropdown.

Maybe this changed and there is a settings to enable more than 2 whitelist aura blocks. I'd ask the auhor how to achieve this now.
07/03/21, 11:42 PM   #11
Mythril89
try bandit UI's widgets.
07/05/21, 11:07 AM   #12
zelenin
Hyper Tools

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...yperTools.html
07/05/21, 05:28 PM   #13
Stalwart385
Thank you both for the replies. I'll give them a shot.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Buff tracker for individual buffs