11/06/21, 09:58 AM   #1
Mortuus
[Request] Disable/Hide Undiscovered Skyshards from Map

With the latest game update, skyshard locations are toggled on by default. For some baffling reason, ZOS decided to make map/compass icons for undiscovered skyshards mandatory. The only way to turn them off is by hiding all "Objectives" which includes world bosses, quest locations, mundus stones, and pretty much everything else. For people like me who really enjoy finding skyshards on our own, this update sucks. Personally, it completely ruins the game for me since finding skyshards is one of my favorite things. Right now, I can't even ride through a new zone without undiscovered skyshards spamming my compass and map. And the worst part is, they don't ever go away! So I basically can't play until there is an official or unofficial way to hide this stuff from the map, lest the experience of new zones be ruined for me. And unfortunately exploring new zones is really the only content relevant to me at the current time.

Anyone who could create such an addon would be quite literally saving the game for me. There are other people who have posted this request on the ESO forums as well, but frankly, I don't trust ZOS to care enough to change it in a timely manner, if at all. I don't really know much about making addons, but it seems like it would be a rather simple one as far as addons go since it just involves UI elements. If anyone chooses to undertake this, you have my utmost thanks!
11/07/21, 03:05 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just for now as there is no addon yet you can read this and help yourself:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9969

Maybe someone will create a simple addon for it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Disable/Hide Undiscovered Skyshards from Map