11/08/15, 11:24 AM   #1
Alether
Gamepad controls WITHOUT gamepad UI

In short, I hate the Gamepad UI, mostly because I don't play with a gamepad. I use a G13 keypad that has an analog thumbstick, along with a regular mouse and keyboard. Now that ESO has native gamepad support, I can map the thumbstick as a joystick rather than WASD which allows for analog movement control... which is great!

The problem is, when you turn off the gamepad UI in ESO, the game no longer listens for gamepad inputs. Is there any way an addon could enable gamepad input without enabling gamepad UI? (ie. the gamepad binds would work, but the default mouse/keyboard UI would stay)
11/10/15, 06:41 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Afaik the controls & movement are not changeable via addons. Addons can only interact with the way you input "that is given".

Did you try to use xpadder or some other tool to map keyboard keys to joystick/gamepad buttons? Maybe this hels you to use the g13 then.
11/11/15, 11:19 AM   #3
Alether
That is unfortunate... really hope Zenimax fixes this.

Xpadder really doesn't help here, as I've already had my thumbstick mapped to WASD using the logitech tools. With gamepad support finally here, I was excited about getting analog movement control. The difference is, with native joystick support, you have full 360 degree control over movement (rather than only being able to move in the 8 cardinal directions with WASD) and full control of speed of movement (ie. push lightly to walk, push all the way to run, or anywhere in between... whereas with WASD, you are limited to only running or walking with a toggle key). All of this is impossible with a joystick that is mapped to WASD.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Gamepad controls WITHOUT gamepad UI