01/08/16, 12:15 PM   #1
Ammaira
Recommendations for Addons that work with Gamepad Mode?

I'm torn because I love being able to mod the game, but at the same time love playing with my controller. The UI changes in Gamepad mode, and I noticed a lot of addons do not display with Gamepad (at least the in-game Gamepad mode, not sure about third party mappers). Does anyone have any recommendations of addons that work?
01/08/16, 12:51 PM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I did some modifications to skyshards and lorebooks, they're already compliant. roomba too, but a bit dirty.

for next patch, I'll code something for destination and lost treasures & harvest map, it's very easy to do.

for others, lot of authors are not interested into porting their UI into gamepad (it's very long).
01/08/16, 01:56 PM   #3
coolmodi
My addons also work with the gamepad UI. Added support for MitigationPercent a while ago, and GroupDamage only has it's own control, so that should be fine too.

There should be a "compatible with gamepad" checkbox imho, would make it easier for people like OP.
01/08/16, 05:43 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

The question that always pops up in my mind is, how many people actually do use gamepad mode on PC. As I do not use it myself, I feel like it would be a major waste of time if only one out of 100 people would see any benefit from me adding gamepad support to my addons. Time that I can use to add new features or fix bugs.

Maybe we can have some insight from ZOS? How many % of the population currently uses the gamepad UI on PC? Is the number growing, steady or falling?
01/08/16, 06:30 PM   #5
Ayantir

For what I saw, I would say 5/10%.
More casual you are, more Gamepad you may use.
01/08/16, 06:45 PM   #6
SnowmanDK

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
I did some modifications to skyshards and lorebooks, they're already compliant. roomba too, but a bit dirty.

for next patch, I'll code something for destination and lost treasures & harvest map, it's very easy to do.

for others, lot of authors are not interested into porting their UI into gamepad (it's very long).
Just so you know it Ayantir... I did add gamepad support to my ToDo list, but have to admit it has very low priority, as I have so many other things I want to do first
01/08/16, 07:06 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Most ppl I know are playing with a mouse and keyboard, or with moues and a keypad/controller with buttons like a keyboard and a thumb stick (virtualizing WASD keys for movement).

I won#t add gamepad support to my addons as it is taking way too much time to redesign everything, move controls, test etc. Sorry
01/09/16, 10:09 AM   #8
Ammaira
Thanks for the comments so far everyone. I can imagine how much work it takes to redesign the codes, and I do not have high expectations of many addons being supporting gamepad. I was more just curious of current addons that I can look into that are supported. I think it would be nice to make a list, so others who are also interested can benifit, or maybe in the future addons can be filtered/searched.

Gamepad just came out not more than a month ago, so it makes sense why not many use it. But I can see it growing. I actually restarted my character, because it feels like a whole new game.
01/09/16, 10:28 AM   #9
Ammaira
Originally Posted by coolmodi View Post
My addons also work with the gamepad UI. Added support for MitigationPercent a while ago, and GroupDamage only has it's own control, so that should be fine too.

There should be a "compatible with gamepad" checkbox imho, would make it easier for people like OP.
I agree, if more addons come to support gamepad, I think that search filter would be very beneficial
01/22/16, 10:43 PM   #10
aJamDonut
Question i need a title for a reply?

i came across this after posting an addon request... i recently added "Disable Controller UI" to esoui. It's not a great solution but if you're just using the pad so you can chill a bit and pick up the kb+m when required then it works fine (although I wouldn't recommend it for a full 'console-like' experience).

May gamepad addon support improve as time goes on
02/22/16, 06:34 AM   #11
Wizhunter
Only one addon I am having problems with . But its one I really want which is normally the case with everything I seem to want. Might try Xpadder and see if that helps because I can't get used to keyboard and mouse for the life of me

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Recommendations for Addons that work with Gamepad Mode?