11/03/20, 05:14 AM   #1
Lucatzia
UI error for Harvest map

Hello,

I have a huge collection of the harvest map pins all over Auridon, and yesterday i tried to log in and i have an UI error when i do so.

I will attach a screenshot of the error.

I tried to look for FAQ about this kind of problem.
I tried to remove the LibMainMenu from the Libs folder in HarvestMap, i tried to re install it, i tried to delete the files from Saved Variables and download them new but still no luck. I placed the LibMainMenu in the Addon folder by its self, still no luck.

Can you help me? It will be much easier with HarvestMap working...
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (39).png
Views:	5686
Size:	804.1 KB
ID:	1322  
11/03/20, 06:12 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure to update LibMainMenu to version 9! And install it directly to the live/AddOns folder.
If Harvestmap includes LibMainMenu it will be an older version (8 most probably) and should not be loaded anymore then as the version in the live/AddOns folder (version 9!!!) should be loaded on top of the old version inside the HarvestMap addon folder.

To be sure version 8 is not loaded anymore, as it will throw error messages for sure: Delete the folder live/AddOns/HarvestMap/libs/LibMainMenu !

Last edited by Baertram : 11/04/20 at 04:53 PM.
11/03/20, 07:41 AM   #3
Lucatzia
Hello,
Thank you for the information, i tried to reinstall the new verision and it seems to work.

I noticed that all the pins I placed throughout Tamriel are gone! Is there a way to recover the pins i placed before this error? if so, how do you do it? If not, I guess i need to discover all the nodes again...

Thanks!
11/03/20, 08:31 AM   #4
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Lucatzia View Post
Hello,
Thank you for the information, i tried to reinstall the new verision and it seems to work.

I noticed that all the pins I placed throughout Tamriel are gone! Is there a way to recover the pins i placed before this error? if so, how do you do it? If not, I guess i need to discover all the nodes again...

Thanks!
That would be disappointing if they are, but when Minion uninstalls something it will leave the data files behind unless you specifically check a box. So all I can think of is you checked that box (while brief it is clear it will delete your saved data), or you manually deleted files and inadvertently deleted the saved data files. As for recovering it that would require some knowledge of how to do so and you would need the files to be in the recycle bin.
11/03/20, 08:55 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Harvestmap saves your discovered data in the folder live/SavedVariables like every other addon as well.
If you got a backup of that folder, and especially the HarvestMap*.lua files in there, try to logout and restore those files.
If not, they might be lost. But as Sharlikran said this WON'T happen automatically. You either deleted those files manually or via Minion (by ticking the also delete SavedVars box as you uinstalled the addon).

Or there exists a bug whish should be known and fixed by now as many users would suffer from it?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » UI error for Harvest map