11/04/20, 01:26 PM   #1
cole
eso minion newbie. need help

Hi, ive been playing eso for about two weeks and heard about minion and addons so i downloaded today. i installed aui, lorebooks and skyshards. i went into eso and it says that they are all out of date so i clicked on allow out of date addons but they werent working in-game. i went back to minion and clicked update all, nothing seemed to happen so i went back into the game and they were still showing as out of date and not working. is there an easy fix for this?

thanks in advance
11/04/20, 01:29 PM   #2
cole
just checked and they are all showing in the addon folder in the eso directory
11/04/20, 01:58 PM   #3
Shadowfen
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check to make sure that you have also downloaded the libraries that your chosen addons depend on to be able to run. You must download those separately from minion as well.

Check the descriptions for aui, and the others - they should state prominently which libraries they require.
11/04/20, 03:04 PM   #4
cole
nice one thanks mate
11/04/20, 03:20 PM   #5
cole
i went looking. trickier than i expected. where do i download the libraries and how do i set them up. i checked the description for aui and didnt see any references to any libraries. please help
11/04/20, 03:50 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check the sticky forum threads here in the AddOn help/Support forum, e.g.:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9149

Dependencies/Libraries are re-usable code which many addons can use, so you just install them as if they were an addon (search and install via Minion e.g.) and then the addons will find them (if the addons were coded correctly). No setup needed, just the installation + updating via Minion as you update your addons as well.
Update your addons and libraries before you open the game client! Always keep the game closed/exit it ebfore updating the addons and libraris to make sure you do not get any problems.

And allow the folder live/AddOns and live/SavedVariables in your antivirus tool so it will not block Minion extracting the zip files to it or the game writing the addon saved data to the SavedVariables folder.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/04/20 at 03:52 PM.
11/04/20, 04:30 PM   #7
cole
so i added all the libraries required for the addons i installed. went in game, most showed out of date (but not all). opened the game and a "ui error" popped up with a load of techie jargon i didnt understand. is this a common problem?
11/04/20, 04:41 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If UI erros appear they tell you the name of the addon they relate to (there is a patch like user/addons/<addonName>) and you should write the error message to the <addoName> comments.

Are you sure you have updated ALL addons and are not using any outdated or discontinued ones? Maybe they need a fix or in the comments of these addons you'll find additional information.

UI errors could always happen especially within days or weeks after bigegr patches like yesterday. Here is how to report a bug to teh devs of that addon:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
11/05/20, 05:54 AM   #9
cole
i doubt they are out of date because they have millions of downloads. seem to be the most popular ones. ive hit update several times now with no joy. maybe it is because of that recent update. only time will tell
11/06/20, 08:38 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Well, then tell the devs of these addons where you get the error messages that there are error messages -> via that addon's comment section.
As described in my linked description thread.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » eso minion newbie. need help