11/05/20, 08:56 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
addon *Changes* create incompatibiities with some addons

This is just informatif, i will not replace it as i was not using all the sections of this addon, and i am sur i can manage to get the sections i loved with a different way.

So ...

After 3 days of research, i finally discovered that the addon *changes* create incompatibility with some addons but mainly directly with the basic game functions.

Without any addons i am able to hide the framemeter (fps .....) with the game settings.

As soon as i log in with *changes* (only addon, with Libaddonmenu), the game loose the functionalities of the option to hide the frame meter, and hide nothing.

Even if i do not use the function on the addon, the conflict is still there.

After i remove the addon, i was able to apply settings normaly on the game and some addons which were broken since 3 days.
11/06/20, 08:36 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Do you get any lua error messages if Changes is loaded alone without any other addon?
11/06/20, 10:52 AM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Do you get any lua error messages if Changes is loaded alone without any other addon?
no particular message but different trouble.

I had a strange message at a time saying that Changes blocked the destruction of the False GLove ..... and i immediatly logged off and tried to find it in libdebug but not possible, so i removed it because i was scared lol (and i have non addon with the destruction enabled)

but the game is not responsive at all when i log with it. It was so strange to see that when i was clicking OFF i could hear an immediat click and the OFF was back to ON. I tried mutiple times. And it seems that the problem i had of not saving the UI was may be again due to this. (interface game, option to put off the FPS
LATENCY and their position)

I had an option on LUI that was on Off, each time i did put it ON, it was reverted. (OPTION to choose the group frame of the addon).
11/06/20, 11:09 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If LAM options change from OFF to ON this could be because there was a lua error and the whole addon code is broken after that.
If game vanilla UI settings do not change this could also be the same. But in most cases you get a lua error message somewhere, at least maybe already during addon loading before chat output is ready.
This can be viewed with the DebugLogViewer ingame then if you chnage it to show the bigger DebugLogViewer UI (not the small at the bottom right edge of your screen) and then switch ath the DebugLogViewer top left UI dropdown box to only see the current reloadui.
Scroll up in the logged texts and check for red lines or use the red filter button at the top of the UI to only show these.

You might need to go to the LAM settings of DebugLogViewer and enable the logging of the stack trace as well + debug and error and info messages. Then reloadui and check if you are able to see any error messages in the logs that had happened before the chat was ready for output and only occured in the log files then.
This way you might be able to even see the lines within an addon that cause the error message, like normally shown in the lua error popup message. Click the error message in the DebugLogViewer UI list and you'll see the total message (After enabling the stack traceback in the DLV LAM settings).
11/06/20, 12:08 PM   #5
Anceane

K i will do that late evening today. I will put back the addon and see if i can manage to see the message this time (i will though before copy my full folder as save and work on a copy to test. I definitly do not want to loose again all my settings lol)

Thank you again

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » addon *Changes* create incompatibiities with some addons