Thread Tools Display Modes
09/24/23, 01:37 PM   #121
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Blackpad View Post
The recaptcha loop is back. I'm logged in to Google and your site but I keep getting stopped by recaptcha. I'm not using any ad blockers. I love your site and your addon but this is making me use ESO trading hub more and more.
are you using vpn? sharing internet with others? using any auto refresher? when you say recaptcha loop what exactly is the loop? after you solved the captcha another one came up without page refreshing? or after page refreshing you get another one?
  Reply With Quote
10/02/23, 02:08 PM   #122
Blackpad
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
are you using vpn? sharing internet with others? using any auto refresher? when you say recaptcha loop what exactly is the loop? after you solved the captcha another one came up without page refreshing? or after page refreshing you get another one?
I'm not using a VPN. I'm not refreshing pages. I'm using the same internet connection as other people in my house but they're not doing anything sus.

I've been using your site for years with no problem. My ISP is the same. I've checked to see if my IP is banned or flagged for spam and it's not. The recaptcha issues started for me around the time you added map links to trader locations. Some people in my trading guild said they have the same problem.

When I say "captcha loop" I mean I have to solve many captchas one after another and then even after all that, I still get blocked with the error I posted in my previous post. I counted about ten captchas in a row whenever this happens. A new thing that's happening is I can't even fill out the captcha because when I click the box to do the captchas, the error box to lock me out pops up (see image).

I just give up now and close the site when captcha pops up because it's not worth it to do all those captchas again and again. I'm not having this problem on any other site I visit. I hope you can help because your site and addon are the best. Thank you.

  Reply With Quote
10/02/23, 02:38 PM   #123
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Blackpad View Post
I'm not using a VPN. I'm not refreshing pages. I'm using the same internet connection as other people in my house but they're not doing anything sus.

I've been using your site for years with no problem. My ISP is the same. I've checked to see if my IP is banned or flagged for spam and it's not. The recaptcha issues started for me around the time you added map links to trader locations. Some people in my trading guild said they have the same problem.

When I say "captcha loop" I mean I have to solve many captchas one after another and then even after all that, I still get blocked with the error I posted in my previous post. I counted about ten captchas in a row whenever this happens. A new thing that's happening is I can't even fill out the captcha because when I click the box to do the captchas, the error box to lock me out pops up (see image).

I just give up now and close the site when captcha pops up because it's not worth it to do all those captchas again and again. I'm not having this problem on any other site I visit. I hope you can help because your site and addon are the best. Thank you.

Another question: Are you or any of your family member using Tor? Because Tor is usually highly flagged.

Not seeing any img. Did you forgot to upload it? After some long investigation i have found that Google's captcha server might screw up and flag the user as malicious even though its Google's server problem. I have added some checks for this type of problem. Can't promise its perfect but at least it should greatly reduce the chance of you running into the captcha loop.

P.S. you will likely still need to solve one captcha the next time you use it.
  Reply With Quote
10/21/23, 07:06 PM   #124
Blackpad
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by cyxui View Post
Another question: Are you or any of your family member using Tor? Because Tor is usually highly flagged.

Not seeing any img. Did you forgot to upload it? After some long investigation i have found that Google's captcha server might screw up and flag the user as malicious even though its Google's server problem. I have added some checks for this type of problem. Can't promise its perfect but at least it should greatly reduce the chance of you running into the captcha loop.

P.S. you will likely still need to solve one captcha the next time you use it.
Hi, no one using Tor. Sorry about the image not showing, here's a link to a screenshot taken today from the TTC site, showing the popup after doing about 10 captchas https://imgur.com/5OTS32Q . I tried just using the audio captcha and that's even worse than the visual.
  Reply With Quote
10/23/23, 09:50 AM   #125
rumple9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
The TTC website has not been usable for about 8 weeks - Have to go through 25+ captcha test before can access the site, no matter whether I use Edge firefox chrome or opera. I have no adblockers or vpn.

Get rid of captcha please

Last edited by rumple9 : 10/23/23 at 09:52 AM.
  Reply With Quote
10/23/23, 10:13 AM   #126
Baertram
Super Moderator
 
Baertram's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,875
Blackpad and rumple: You 2 seem to suffer from the same issue.
Maybe try to find out what your setup got common (e.g. are you using the same location and/or internet provider, or a fixed IP address, or the same antivirus/firewall tools, etc.).

I'm not having any issues with multiple captchas, never had. And a lot of other guild mates neither do, so it must be something (as cyxui already answered before) with your setup/country/ISP/IP address/VPN (you both don't use any)/proxy server?/cookies/...

Is it only the TTC website or do you experience the same at any other website (as the captcha service is a Google one's afai understood)?

Last edited by Baertram : 10/24/23 at 01:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
10/24/23, 01:31 PM   #127
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Blackpad View Post
Hi, no one using Tor. Sorry about the image not showing, here's a link to a screenshot taken today from the TTC site, showing the popup after doing about 10 captchas https://imgur.com/5OTS32Q . I tried just using the audio captcha and that's even worse than the visual.
Unfortunately I do not have the direct ability to control the number of tests in one go. Having said that I do have some ideas on some of the factors. The more mistakes you make the more tests you get. By mistakes i mean something like if it asks you to click all 'cars' and you missed one or two. Google's algorithm can't determine if you actually missed it or the bot failed to recognize it. Usually you get only 1-2 tests in a row if you got both right. I have also tuned down the frequency so that you will less likely run into captcha tests. Give it another go and see if that helps.
  Reply With Quote
11/20/23, 06:53 AM   #128
Octopuss
 
Octopuss's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 171
The new Y'ffre's style pages are not on TTC.
No idea if this is the place to ask to add them, but whatever.
  Reply With Quote
11/20/23, 10:24 AM   #129
Baertram
Super Moderator
 
Baertram's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,875
Ususally those get added after some days, as enough data/listings were provided via client uploading them.
  Reply With Quote
11/25/23, 12:09 PM   #130
rumple9
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
website is unusable

website remains unsuable due to captcha - been about 3 months now. Impossible to access the site on chrome firefox opera or edge
  Reply With Quote
11/25/23, 01:48 PM   #131
ExoY
 
ExoY's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by rumple9 View Post
website remains unsuable due to captcha - been about 3 months now. Impossible to access the site on chrome firefox opera or edge
works fine on firefox for me
  Reply With Quote
12/09/23, 05:00 PM   #132
Marcus
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
No Malware, eh?

Got this one FULL SCREEN, but it went away when I clicked elsewhere to copy the URL. It goes to:
https : // tpc.googlesyndication.com/simgad/13987337341581572992?sqp=4sqPyQQ7QjkqNxABHQAAtEIgASgBMAk4A0DwkwlYAWBfcAKAAQGIAQGdAQAAgD-oAQGwAYCt4gS4AV_FAS2ynT4&rs=AOga4qmmDqBRDFa7ShuCdDAffiF9EB4FmQ


Which tries to install something called 'Task Manager'. Thanks for that.

Preview images:
https://imgur.com/a/NFLc3yj
https://imgur.com/a/NFLc3yj

Last edited by Baertram : 12/09/23 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Edited link with possible malware installation so no one accidently clicks it!
  Reply With Quote
12/14/23, 04:21 PM   #133
Marcus
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Still there.. got the full screen blocking ad this time. https://imgur.com/a/BAWdkRH
  Reply With Quote
12/17/23, 05:46 AM   #134
SlippyCheeze
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 53
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Still there.. got the full screen blocking ad this time. https://imgur.com/a/BAWdkRH
are you sure you don't have some sort of malware on your system injecting advertising into the website? because certainly I've not experienced anything remotely similar...
  Reply With Quote
12/17/23, 07:21 AM   #135
Baertram
Super Moderator
 
Baertram's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,875
Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
are you sure you don't have some sort of malware on your system injecting advertising into the website? because certainly I've not experienced anything remotely similar...
I had some similar advertisement once and reported it here I think. It was removed then somehow or at least I never saw it again.
But it can always be tha your local files are infected and add such links, right...
  Reply With Quote
12/17/23, 12:02 PM   #136
Marcus
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
are you sure you don't have some sort of malware on your system injecting advertising into the website? because certainly I've not experienced anything remotely similar...

Yeah, I'm quite sure. I'm very careful about every place I go, everything I download gets scanned manually, and for Most Sites ad blockers make sure I don't get malware that way.

The ads on the side, I don't mind. The ones on the bottom I wouldn't mind, except it scrolls up and down every time it changes in a desperate plea to get your attention. Animated and flashing ads are similarly despised.
  Reply With Quote
12/17/23, 01:11 PM   #137
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah, I'm quite sure. I'm very careful about every place I go, everything I download gets scanned manually, and for Most Sites ad blockers make sure I don't get malware that way.

The ads on the side, I don't mind. The ones on the bottom I wouldn't mind, except it scrolls up and down every time it changes in a desperate plea to get your attention. Animated and flashing ads are similarly despised.
Google does have a reporting system built in. Click on the triangle besides the x button and hit the report this ad button. Those ads will go away after couple reports.
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » TTC website issues thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off