07/02/14, 09:34 AM   #1
Amadhi
is player weapon drawn?

Anyone know of a way to determine if the players' weapons are drawn or sheathed?

GetActiveWeaponPairInfo() doesn't seem to reflect that state, unless I'm using it wrong. It returns 1 for primary weapon set, 2 for secondary weapon set, and I was expecting it to return 0 when weapons are sheathed but it doesn't.
07/02/14, 11:33 AM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Amadhi View Post
Anyone know of a way to determine if the players' weapons are drawn or sheathed?

GetActiveWeaponPairInfo() doesn't seem to reflect that state, unless I'm using it wrong. It returns 1 for primary weapon set, 2 for secondary weapon set, and I was expecting it to return 0 when weapons are sheathed but it doesn't.
This addon sheats weapons when they are out after Combat end. Might give you a pointer:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2...-Sheather.html
07/02/14, 03:35 PM   #3
stjobe

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey there,

I'm the author of the addon linked above, and I sadly have to tell you that it's not possible to get information from the API whether weapons are drawn or not.

Further, there's no separate "draw weapons" or "stow weapons" API call; there's just a "toggle weapons" call, that draws them if they're stowed, and sheaths them if they're drawn.

Sad but true, that's the current state of the API.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » is player weapon drawn?