04/30/23, 12:28 PM   #1
sinnereso
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
CanJumpToPlayerInZone(zoneID) return false for Betnikh?

Just noticed CanJumpToPlayerInZone(zoneID) returns false for betnikh which is wierd since i can manually travel to people there.

Im using this to prevent my addon from teleporting to people in wierd quest places or if lets say they have house restrictions set etc and works well but this is wierd. Is there a list of odd places like this or do I have to manually find them all to make exceptions?

*EDIT
fixed.. was my fault using using zoneIndex instead of zoneID for it so it was just magical it worked at all previously =p

but also not fixed apparently CanJumpToPlayerInZone(zoneID) does not return false for places like homes with security no access or eyevea etc.

Last edited by sinnereso : 04/30/23 at 01:34 PM.
04/30/23, 02:41 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The api does not check anything else than can jump. And jumping is possible. Only the other parts like the auth is preventing the jump on the end.

I bet there exist other functions which can check this too, if you're desired jump is a house.
04/30/23, 03:26 PM   #3
sinnereso
I was simply trying to account for every possible scenario a jump would fail so the effects dont fire off and then error teleporting after.. nothing critical really. More of a cosmetic thing.

I have most of the more common stuff, pvp zones combat etc. Currently im just going to manually add zones like Eyevea etc and maybe make a table of them once i have enough

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » CanJumpToPlayerInZone(zoneID) return false for Betnikh?