11/07/23, 06:55 AM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@jinncrazey - addon concerns

Originally Posted by jinncrazey
to think of it ... ever since u40 ive been unable to use most of the addons I had. I had almost 300 addons including libraries before the u40 and then after. i was only able to use just the basic necessary addons like UI and crafting addons. Combat/trial/pvp addons would not let me login.
That's a lot. Before we dig into that, do you need all 300 of those mods? There are people who think, and I don't know what moron told people this or what reddit post, but you don't need libraries if they are not used by a mod.

As an example if there was a library called LibDoAllTheThings and it was for an achievement mod, then I install the mod and that library since it contains which achievements the mod will help the player complete. However, if you don't have the achievement mod installed then LibDoAllTheThings is useless and should not be installed. You also don't install libraries just in case something might use them at some point.

So I would first like to suggest to make sure out of those 300 mods that you don't use libraries you don't need.

Then once you do that how can you get all of them to be active? The reason I ask is because if you can get all 300 activated and you have LibDebugLogger you could attempt to log in and let it fail.

https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/

Then use the above link and drag a copy of the LibDebugLogger.lua from SavedVariables and provide a link. You have to do it with as many if not all the mods active. There are ways to edit a text file but that's a lot for 300 mods without using a Python script or something that could act as a mod management tool from the command line.

However, you can't provide the LibDebugLogger.lua and have it be useful unless you get them all activated and it fails because nothing will be saved showing potential issues.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 11/07/23 at 07:37 AM.
11/07/23, 07:54 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Then once you do that how can you get all of them to be active? The reason I ask is because if you can get all 300 activated and you have LibDebugLogger you could attempt to log in and let it fail.

https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/
If it fails to load it will fail to write the SavedVariables for LibDebugLogger.lua file too, I assume.

If you cannot login i'd start with checking non necessary addons and libraries as Sharlikran already explained AND clean my SavedVariables folder > Too big files often are the reason for not being able to load into the game. So check big SV files and disable the addons with teh biggest files at your character selection addon panel. And check if this solves the login.

Not sure why those are combat related, normally the addons with the biggest files are guild trading, crafting related (in my personal experience).
But maybe you also enable addons like ESOProfiler "always"? Would be a reason why you cannot login then, if the SV file of that "only enable and run if really needed to collect some debug data" addon exist and are quite big ;-)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » @jinncrazey - addon concerns