12/31/23, 05:23 PM   #1
SteveCampsOut

Question oversized companion icon

So today after running Minion, I logged in and my Sharp's companion has this oversized companion icon turned on over his head and I can't find where to shut it off. None of my other companions has this icon when summoned, just Sharps. Any clues on what addon caused this?
12/31/23, 06:45 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, sorry. Maybe check the last updated addons here and compare to your enabled addons.

Or disable the upper half of your addons using Addon Selector's SHIFT +click feature. If it's still visible repeat this with the next half.

Or did you add a target marker via TAB (long press) to it?
12/31/23, 07:12 PM   #3
SteveCampsOut

Exclamation

No, it wasn't a Tab Roll icon. I went ahead and downloaded Ody'shttps://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...conspatch.html Icons and disabled it. It was quicker than hunting down the culprit. It was only showing up on one companion, Sharp-As-Knife.
01/01/24, 08:11 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Fighting fire with fuel, sometimes works too
Happy new year!
01/02/24, 03:37 AM   #5
SteveCampsOut

Cool

Yeah, apparently Azander and Sharps had their icons turned on by default. Weird that it only started showing up yesterday. I think it was HarvestMap that might have caused it.

Last edited by SteveCampsOut : 01/02/24 at 03:40 AM.
01/02/24, 08:00 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What icons actually did change/show there?
I never saw any marker above my companions? Only above group members, the small "v" icons

What do they look like at companions? Is there any setting in ESO vanilla settings for that?
Or was it maybe because they got a quest for you and you should talk to them -> Their companion's story line.
01/02/24, 02:53 PM   #7
Sharlikran

I wouldn't mind a screennshot as well so we all understand which icon is larger.

There was a thread recently where someone felt that a mod I maintain affected their skill bar. Several threads had people saying their screen went blank. While I believe you that something is happening it's all due to the mods you have installed. The only way to test things is to uninstall them all and test with only certain mods. I understand that end users are at a disadvantage when it comes to troubleshooting, however, mods like Harvestmap don't affect anything in relation to companions.

There have been recent odd issues due to the mods users install being reported. All the issues have had several things in common. It has been due to OneDrive, users installing mods with parent folders such as C:\Users\Dano\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\QuestMap_v316\QuestMap, and lastly embedded libraries and LibStub.

There are threads that talk about all that and more so please use them rather then say HarvestMap may be the cause when there is no way to substantiate that and as I mentioned it has no code that would affect anything to do with companions.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 01/02/24 at 04:05 PM.
01/03/24, 10:34 PM   #8
SteveCampsOut

Exclamation

I just grabbed a screenshot of Sharps with the HUGE white companion Icon over his head and right below it is one of the Roll icons from the Tab list just for comparison. Ody's addon even calls that huge white icon a 3D icon per Harvest map.

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I wouldn't mind a screennshot as well so we all understand which icon is larger.

There are threads that talk about all that and more so please use them rather then say HarvestMap may be the cause when there is no way to substantiate that and as I mentioned it has no code that would affect anything to do with companions.
I named Harvest Map because Ody's Icon lists the icon as a Harvest Map 3D Icon. Since Ody's mentions being linked to Harvest Map Icons that's why I assumed the icon was Harvest Maps work. So please, don't get your knickers in a twist because of how I report errors. I'm not paid to do this. For the record, I have a long time dislike for Harvest Map's 3D icons because for the longest time, every time they updated that addon they would set 3D Icons to be turned on by default. It got very old very quickly, having to turn them back off again on multiple accounts.

Last edited by SteveCampsOut : 01/03/24 at 10:58 PM.
01/04/24, 02:51 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Those are the normal group overhead icons, and you can call thm 3d or whatever. But harvestmap actually does no 3d icons it just does 2d and makes them turn with your view angle. If you go to the icns above a harvest node and runa round it you'll notice it

So the naming is nothing here, and does not tell you it would be the same technic or API or code used.
Harvestmap definately uses it's own created controls but that companion icons and group icons is ZOs code and technics.
2 totally different things

Try to disable things like the minimap you use or addons thathave to do with companions or groups and test if this fixes it, as these coud interfere with the icons above your head (just like Ody could too).
01/04/24, 08:47 AM   #10
ExoY

Originally Posted by SteveCampsOut View Post
I just grabbed a screenshot of Sharps with the HUGE white companion Icon over his head and right below it is one of the Roll icons from the Tab list just for comparison. Ody's addon even calls that huge white icon a 3D icon per Harvest map.

I named Harvest Map because Ody's Icon lists the icon as a Harvest Map 3D Icon. Since Ody's mentions being linked to Harvest Map Icons that's why I assumed the icon was Harvest Maps work. So please, don't get your knickers in a twist because of how I report errors. I'm not paid to do this. For the record, I have a long time dislike for Harvest Map's 3D icons because for the longest time, every time they updated that addon they would set 3D Icons to be turned on by default. It got very old very quickly, having to turn them back off again on multiple accounts.
Could you refer me to where in Ody's it is calld Harvest Map 3D icon?
I cant recall or find such a labeling
01/05/24, 09:09 AM   #11
Sharlikran

Thanks forbthe screennshot SteveCampsOut. I was fishing yesterday with Sharp and noticed I don't have any icon above my companion. So if it hasn't been suggested you need to be disabling and uninstalling mods (not libraries) and figure out which mod does that.

Unless you can tell me where to enable that in Vanilla because I don't use Mini maps or mods that change the UI appearance other than DarkUI.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 01/05/24 at 01:15 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » oversized companion icon