08/29/23, 12:21 AM   #1
Archboobie
Question Libhistoire linked events missing

When I logged into the game this morning, all my stored events in Guild History are missing, but the linking shows all green/blue, and my ATT page is showing incomplete data. I have not added any new addons or done anything since I played yesterday. I tried to manually get it working by spamming "E" but it will take me a lifetime to link all my historic data...

If you look at the ATT screenshot, yesterday my sales in Dark Shadow were over 400k, today it's showing only 190k so clearly missing the data. There isn't even any data for last week for my guilds. I have no idea what happened or what I have done but I'm missing more than a year's worth of data lol

All my addons are up to date and I use Minion to manage them.

Can I find this data somewhere on my pc and re-upload it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guild History.png
Views:	185
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	1615  Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT.png
Views:	181
Size:	845.2 KB
ID:	1616  
08/29/23, 12:33 AM   #2
DakJaniels
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Archboobie View Post
When I logged into the game this morning, all my stored events in Guild History are missing, but the linking shows all green/blue, and my ATT page is showing incomplete data. I have not added any new addons or done anything since I played yesterday. I tried to manually get it working by spamming "E" but it will take me a lifetime to link all my historic data...

If you look at the ATT screenshot, yesterday my sales in Dark Shadow were over 400k, today it's showing only 190k so clearly missing the data. There isn't even any data for last week for my guilds. I have no idea what happened or what I have done but I'm missing more than a year's worth of data lol

All my addons are up to date and I use Minion to manage them.

ATT does not use libhistorie. You will have to hit “e” on the guild that isn’t linked until it is satisfied.
08/29/23, 03:07 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Did you backup your folder live/SavedVariables properly each week/day?
If not: No, but you should start to do so now ;-)

If yes: Logout, restore the live live/SavedVariables/LibHistoire.lua and you should have the state of that week/day again.
-> But as DakJaniesls already said: ATT does not use LibHistore so this should not solve the problem here.

Same for live/SavedVariables/<ArcadiusTradeTools or Whatever the name of the ATT SV file is>.lua
-> Maybe that file(s) stores the data for the ATT addon, including your sales. Perhaps your ES client crashed and thus the data got corrupted as SV only save duing reloadui/zone change with loading screen or proper logout/quit. if the client crashes it can occur that files are not saved properly and you got an old state or an even undefined one which resets that data to defaults then.

Last edited by Baertram : 08/29/23 at 03:11 AM.
08/29/23, 04:21 AM   #4
Sharlikran

ATT does not use LibHistoire and LibHistoire does not directly alter or override game code. Meaning it does not create a pseudo cache that automatically influences any sales mod. You have to use the API to obtain the sales data from LibHistoire. If you had 30 days, 100 days, 365 days of data stored in LibHistoire it would do absolutely nothing for you. It would just be increasing your load times and you would be collecting data daily for LibHistoire and the data would just be stored in the SavedVariables files, that's it.

Each time you press E and the bars fill up ATT does use the guild history information you obtain from the server but you need to understand that LibHistoire is not sending those guild sales to ATT. ATT is obtaining the data directly from the game. If you uninstalled LibHistoire and pressed E each day to get sales, you would still get all of your sales data as long as you did it correctly.

In regards to what you are reporting. It is obvious to me and I am sorry this happened, but your data was corrupted. One possibility would be that there was corrupted data and OneDrive reset the files. Otherwise maybe you had a game crash and the files were corrupted. The only reason I can assure you that happened is because ATT would not just suddenly loose its data. The fact you have only three days of LibHistoire data as well is the defining reason that there had to have been some kind of corruption and the game reset the files.

I have circled the important information in the tooltip. You have 3 days of data. You can get more from the server though. If you go to the guild history tab and press E until you have ten days of data then that will be all the data the server can provide you.

https://esouimods.github.io/3-master...tml#TenDayScan

You don't have to install MM but my instructions for MM have screen shots if you want to refer to them to get all ten days of data from the server for ATT. Then each day as you get more data for ATT from the server then you will eventually get back to where you were. ATT keeps 30 days of data.

However, I must stress it was just some kind of crash or file corruption because ATT and LibHistoire wouldn't just mysteriously loose all their data.

Now with that said, what Baertram was mentioning is correct and you can't recover that data. It is recommended that you make backups of SavedVariables files. Pay close attention to how you do that. Because LibHistoire is not used by ATT. If you had a backup of LibHistoire data and you had kept it up to date restoring it would do nothing for you. So look in your SavedVariables folder and it's pretty obvious which files to backup. You can create a backup of all the files or you can keep a backup of only you ATT data so that in the future you won't loose the sales data if something like this happens again.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/29/23 at 04:34 AM.
08/29/23, 08:41 AM   #5
Archboobie
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
ATT does not use LibHistoire and LibHistoire does not directly alter or override game code. Meaning it does not create a pseudo cache that automatically influences any sales mod. You have to use the API to obtain the sales data from LibHistoire. If you had 30 days, 100 days, 365 days of data stored in LibHistoire it would do absolutely nothing for you. It would just be increasing your load times and you would be collecting data daily for LibHistoire and the data would just be stored in the SavedVariables files, that's it.

Each time you press E and the bars fill up ATT does use the guild history information you obtain from the server but you need to understand that LibHistoire is not sending those guild sales to ATT. ATT is obtaining the data directly from the game. If you uninstalled LibHistoire and pressed E each day to get sales, you would still get all of your sales data as long as you did it correctly.

In regards to what you are reporting. It is obvious to me and I am sorry this happened, but your data was corrupted. One possibility would be that there was corrupted data and OneDrive reset the files. Otherwise maybe you had a game crash and the files were corrupted. The only reason I can assure you that happened is because ATT would not just suddenly loose its data. The fact you have only three days of LibHistoire data as well is the defining reason that there had to have been some kind of corruption and the game reset the files.

I have circled the important information in the tooltip. You have 3 days of data. You can get more from the server though. If you go to the guild history tab and press E until you have ten days of data then that will be all the data the server can provide you.

https://esouimods.github.io/3-master...tml#TenDayScan

You don't have to install MM but my instructions for MM have screen shots if you want to refer to them to get all ten days of data from the server for ATT. Then each day as you get more data for ATT from the server then you will eventually get back to where you were. ATT keeps 30 days of data.

However, I must stress it was just some kind of crash or file corruption because ATT and LibHistoire wouldn't just mysteriously loose all their data.

Now with that said, what Baertram was mentioning is correct and you can't recover that data. It is recommended that you make backups of SavedVariables files. Pay close attention to how you do that. Because LibHistoire is not used by ATT. If you had a backup of LibHistoire data and you had kept it up to date restoring it would do nothing for you. So look in your SavedVariables folder and it's pretty obvious which files to backup. You can create a backup of all the files or you can keep a backup of only you ATT data so that in the future you won't loose the sales data if something like this happens again.
This is probably it - my pc crashed yesterday and I think the game was still open. That sucks... Thanks for the detailed response.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Libhistoire linked events missing