08/12/18, 12:42 AM   #1
Drummerx04
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] Addition To Group Member joined Event

The current EVENT data is as follows
Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_GROUP_MEMBER_JOINED (number eventCode, string characterName)

I think it would be helpful to add the displayName to the EVENT

Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_GROUP_MEMBER_JOINED (number eventCode, string characterName, string displayName)

It would be useful information for groups with members that swap toons between raids, and saves authors the trouble of looping through the party to figure out who just showed up.

08/12/18, 09:35 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

That would make a lot of sense, especially since the EVENT_GROUP_MEMBER_LEFT already got the memberDisplayName added a while ago.

In the meantime you can use EVENT_UNIT_CREATED and ZO_Group_IsGroupUnitTag like they do in zo_grouplist_manager. Instead of filtering it in Lua you could also use an event filter REGISTER_FILTER_UNIT_TAG_PREFIX with value "group".

08/13/18, 03:53 PM   #3
Drummerx04
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
That would make a lot of sense, especially since the EVENT_GROUP_MEMBER_LEFT already got the memberDisplayName added a while ago.

In the meantime you can use EVENT_UNIT_CREATED and ZO_Group_IsGroupUnitTag like they do in zo_grouplist_manager. Instead of filtering it in Lua you could also use an event filter REGISTER_FILTER_UNIT_TAG_PREFIX with value "group".
Yeah, currently I sort of just loop through the group when a member is added and figure out who is new. I'm liking the way your workaround sounds, as it seems I can be directly passed the NEW group unitTag which is arguably better than what I requested.

Thanks man.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] Addition To Group Member joined Event