03/14/21, 09:56 AM   #1
Myrthian
Search/Request: chat watcher

It's 2021 and ESO still doesn't have a basic UI to manually create + search groups like e.g. FFXIV or WoW have for years now, which means if you're in no guild/no trial guild the only thing you can do is sit in Belkarth and watch the zone chat all day to maybe find a trial group.

What I want is a simple chat watcher:
- Monitors zone-chat and searches for customizable keywords like e.g. nCR or nSS
- If a keyword is found a notification is triggered, preferably the one where ESO in highlighted in the Windows toolbar as I'm tabbed out most of the time because that search process is utterly tedious
- Some sort of chat/log message with the time + string containing said keyword to quickly find the person who posted it or something similar

Last edited by Myrthian : 03/14/21 at 09:58 AM.
03/14/21, 12:41 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All I can help with so far would be e.g. FCOChatTabBrain where you are able to setup keywords to notify on via sound.
If you enable the sound even if the game is minimized you would hear it.
But it does not provide any history nor notification entries (and they won't get added).

And check out this addon:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2893-ChatAlert.html
Not sure if this whisper notifications of the addon are causing the task bar to flash as well, you'd have to try this.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Search/Request: chat watcher