03/31/21, 03:22 AM   #1
Lantor
Help with the Skyshards addon

Hello everyone,

If someone could help me solve the problem I'm experiencing with the skyshards addon, it would be fantastic !

I first installed the addon a few month back when I installed the game. That one, allong with a few other addons. Everything worked all good, and I could see the shards icons on my map. Later on the same day, I purchased the Blackwook extension, and that is the only change I made to my ESO account. And from that moment, my skyshards addon is broken. Everything is correctly installed (addon and all dependencies required) and up to date, I have just tried to uninstall and install the game all over, I have only kept the skyshards addon with the required dependencies to make sure it did not conflict with another addon, but it still doesn't work...

The problem is that everything seems to be working in game, apart from the icons. When I check the setting, I can't see the icons preview any longer (see image attached). I have checked in the addon folder and the icon images files are there, so I'm not sure why it's not working...

Thank you in advance for you help !

03/31/21, 03:41 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try to logout, ofen a file explorer, navigate to the live/ folder where your addons are installed.
You can find a description how to find this folder here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
-> Where do I need to install/extract the addon zip files to?

-> Best way is to take a screenshot ingame and the folder where the screenshot will be saved is shown at the top right edge of your screen then > 1 folder up: this is the live folder

Then read the section "Why are images/textures the addon provides are not shown/are invisible ingame?"
at the link I have provided above and delete the file mentioned there.

Login and try if this fixes it.

If not:
Logout.
Delete the folder live/AddOns/Skyshards ompletely!
Download it fresh, manually (not via Minion) and extract it properly to live/AddOns again like described here:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install
Delete the shader_cache.cooked file once again.
Try if this fixes it.
03/31/21, 03:52 AM   #3
Lantor
Thank you for your quick reply !

I have just tried what you've told me to do, but unfortunately it still doesn't work... I still can't see the shards icons within the addon settings, or on my map...

I have already tried to download everything fresh, as I uninstalled the whole game, deleted all of the files (including the live folders and everything that was in the ESO folder), installed the whole game from scratch and downloaded the files from here (I do not use minion or any other addon manager). But it doesn't seem to solve the problem
03/31/21, 04:21 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Are you using any other addons?
Disable ALL other addons, except the needed dependencies for SkyShards, and test if this fixes it for you.

MapPins e.g. is known to be somewhat incompatible with Skyshards.

If this also does not help I'm not sure what is the problem here.
If other textures are shown properly ingame for you it shouldn't be the shader_cache.cooked file.

YOu are using the most up2date version of Skyshards?
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html

Did you update ALL of the named dependencies properly to their newest versions?
Logout of the game as you update addons and libraries!!!
CustomCompassPins
LibAddonMenu-2.0
LibGPS2
LibMapPing
LibMapPins-1.0
-> They are linked at the bottom of the SkyShards addon. Double chekc you got the "newest" files please!
At best install Minion addon manager and use i, it helps a lot!
-> read this first before installing Minion to troubleshoot in advance (Please download the 32bit version of Minion and do not use the 64bit version as it is buggy on some computers). Install Minion to another than the default folder, like c:\Minion instead of c:\users\...\AppData\.Minion
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Did you checke the live/AddOns/Skyshards folder that ALL files and folders from the addon's zip file you have downloaded are extracted "properly"?
It needs to look like this:

And inside the icons folder there need to be the .dds files!

I've changed my ingame language to French, as you are using the French client as it seems, and the settings menu looks like this for me then:

Last edited by Baertram : 03/31/21 at 04:27 AM.
03/31/21, 09:54 AM   #5
Lantor
Okay... I used minion and it works now, I think I know what the problem was !

The skyshards forlder had a parent folder that it did not have when installing with minion, so it probably could not find the .dds files while installed the way it was.

Thank you for your time and assistance !
03/31/21, 10:08 AM   #6
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Lantor View Post

The skyshards forlder had a parent folder that it did not have when installing with minion, so it probably could not find the .dds files while installed the way it was.

That makes sense now. When people install mods manually they probably end up with something like:
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\SkyShards\SkyShards
That makes sense now.
03/31/21, 10:53 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Lantor View Post

As the "How to install.." describes you need to be aware of extraction tools like WinZip/WinRar/7zip etc. which create a foldername = zip file name if you extract a zip file.
So "ShyShards-v1.0.zip" will end to be
live/AddOns/ShyShards-v1.0.zip/SkyShards but needs to be only live/AddOns/SkyShards!

So if you manually extarct the zipa rchives only extarct the content folder, and do not create a new folder or anything like that.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Help with the Skyshards addon