Not sure how soon. We are working on some base changes to eventually possibly maybe open things up to allow pull requests.
Originally Posted by Octopuss
I started using the program few days ago and immediatelly noticed a few somewhat annoying shortcomings.
I'll just post some random ideas.
1) Spaces at the beginning or end of text pasted into the search box should be ignored. When you copy an addon's name, there are often spaces. This is slightly annoying.
Good find, will add a ticket in our backlog for that.
2) Selecting text in the search box and moving the mouse down deselects the text.
This isn't happening to me? I can select the text in the search box and move my mouse down and all around and the text stays selected on both macos and win10.
3) How about some more buttons, like "update now" for example?
Not sure what you mean by this? There is an update all button, and individual update buttons when an AddOn has an update to download?
4) Extra column with addon update time would be nice. The sorting menu does not cut it (sort by date, what is that actually? what date? see what I mean?).
I can look at adding the date back to the AddOn list. It was there but was removed awhile back to make things more simple looking. Was trying not to have too much info overload since the update date can be seen on the AddOn info pane.
5) How about highlighting addons that were updated on startup (or if the update button gets implemented)?
We have this in our backlog, not sure how soon we can get to it but I agree. Better visibility is needed for AddOns that are auto updated.
6) I'd like to be able to close the addon detail window on pressing Esc.
We do this for the AddOn picture. There shouldnt be an issue doing it for the AddOn detail pane. I'll add a ticket for this.
7) Some window customization, please? I only use it for ESO, and I don't need to have fifth of the window's width taken by empty games list column.
Yeah maybe a way to collapse the game menu to the right. Blizzard just recently added this to their updater and works pretty well and I like the idea.
2) If you keep the mouse button pressed and move back, the text gets selected again, but it's somewhat annoying. Maybe I am not explaining it correctly. Basically, when selecting the text and moving the mouse away from the field, down below its bottom. Sorry, my english is not good enough to explain it. I am using Windows 7.
3) I don't see it over here. All I can tell is the program automatically checks for updates of all installed plugin on startup, but there are no buttons whatsoever.
4) I can understand the motivation, but IMO oversimplifying is bad. You could add some more options where people could choose stuff like this.
6) This applies to most/all program windows that pop up btw (there aren't too many of them though).
OH one more thing.
8) The UI is in english, but dates are automatically in czech. I am using english windows, bu have czech keyboard layout and locale set in control panel. This is partially confusing and also annoying. I'd like to have everything in english.
Lastly, but this might not even be possible or be too much work. I would like the possibility to log into ESOUI account with Minion and add addons to favourites etc.
If there were any major bugs we would stomp them right away but Minion works and things are going slow development wise. Our main java developer just doesn't have the time he used to have. The direction we are heading is to get Minion to a place where we can open access to it via github and accept PRs.
I'd like to ask for another feature. "installed time" column in minion. Obviously, for that, the program would have to store original installation date somewhere, but I don't think that should be a problem.