11/22/14, 08:56 PM   #1
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OnResizeStop

Anyone see anything wrong with this. Why can't I get OnResizeStop to work? Shouldn't it fire when I let go of the window handle?
OnResizeStart works just fine.

Warning: Spoiler

While I'm here, Is there anyway to get continuous size updates while you are resizing something. I don't see anything like an OnResizeUpdate or anything to indicate a size change.
I'm trying to determine when a window shrinks (or grows) past a certain size, while resizing.

Is there any way to do it without hooking something?
11/22/14, 11:41 PM   #2
Garkin

Originally Posted by circonian View Post
Anyone see anything wrong with this. Why can't I get OnResizeStop to work? Shouldn't it fire when I let go of the window handle?
OnResizeStart works just fine.

Warning: Spoiler

While I'm here, Is there anyway to get continuous size updates while you are resizing something. I don't see anything like an OnResizeUpdate or anything to indicate a size change.
I'm trying to determine when a window shrinks (or grows) past a certain size, while resizing.

Is there any way to do it without hooking something?
Some handlers does not work properly if control is not defined in XML - for example OnUpdate. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it is worth of trying.

There is no such thing as OnResizeUpdate, but it is still possible. Use EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForUpdate(uniqueName, delay, yourFunctionToCheckSize) in the OnResizeStart handler and unregister it in OnResizeStop handler.

Last edited by Garkin : 11/22/14 at 11:43 PM.
11/23/14, 12:24 AM   #3
circonian
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Some handlers does not work properly if control is not defined in XML - for example OnUpdate. I'm not sure if this is the case, but it is worth of trying.

There is no such thing as OnResizeUpdate, but it is still possible. Use EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForUpdate(uniqueName, delay, yourFunctionToCheckSize) in the OnResizeStart handler and unregister it in OnResizeStop handler.
Yeah that's the plan, if I can get the OnResizeStop to work.
I guess that explains why I couldn't get OnUpdate to do anything either.
I'll try converting everything to xml & see if that works.

Thanks for the help.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » OnResizeStop