02/22/21, 07:59 AM   #1
TheInfiniti352
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Getting addon downloads data from api

I've been looking at this thread but didn't find how to o what I want https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6556.

I want to get addons data (if possible from javascript but I'll look to that later) from the esoui api. I want to write on an external website data about specific addon total download & monthly downloads. Minions writes it in the GUI so I guess there is something to do it, but I ddidn't find how to. So far I accessed the add-on informations displayed on the page with curl (compatibility description version etc.) but not the downloads. Any body knows the request to do ?
02/22/21, 08:08 AM   #2
Sharlikran

There isn't a way to do what you want. You will have to wait for an official release of Minion 4. This has been asked many times and the site admins don't have a way for users to make their own download program in place of minion.
02/22/21, 08:36 AM   #3
TheInfiniti352
What I mean by download is not actual add-ons files but just the downloads statistics (how many people use it). I'm not sure if you understood what I mean so I clarify. If it's effectively not possible, well I'll wait.
02/22/21, 08:44 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Same answer: You cannot get this data.
Only possible way is to curl the websites and parse the info from the addon's download info box at the top right

or from the addon's list where the total downloads are named as well.

But I doubt this is a good idea (in terms of site usage, performance, etc.)

Last edited by Baertram : 02/22/21 at 08:47 AM.
02/22/21, 08:54 AM   #5
TheInfiniti352
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Same answer: You cannot get this data.
Only possible way is to curl the websites and parse the info from the addon's download info box at the top right

or from the addon's list where the total downloads are named as well.

But I doubt this is a good idea (in terms of site usage, performance, etc.)
Yes that would be overkill for so little and probably easy to break. Thanks both of you for the answers
02/22/21, 09:04 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

If you just want to keep track of your own addons, you can take a look at this thread: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9113
It collects the stats of your own addons whenever you visit your addon list and stores them locally in the browser.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Getting addon downloads data from api