08/16/21, 02:28 PM   #1
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[open] Return CURRENT order with GetCharacterInfo(i)

This function currently returns character CREATED order. However, it has not been updated since the ability to manually re-order characters was added to the game, rendering it largely useless (for getting character order anyway; getting the ID for each current character name is still handy).

EDIT: It should be clarified that the function itself does not actually return ANY order as one of the return values. Instead it is used in a for loop to iterate through the table it returns, which is ordered by creation date.

For example: esoui/pregameandingame/zo_addonmanager/zo_addonmanager.lua

Code:
for i=1, self:GetNumCharacters() do
            local name = self:GetCharacterInfo(i)

Last edited by Phinix : 08/16/21 at 02:32 PM.
08/17/21, 01:44 AM   #2
Irniben

Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
This function currently returns character CREATED order. However, it has not been updated since the ability to manually re-order characters was added to the game, rendering it largely useless (for getting character order anyway; getting the ID for each current character name is still handy).

EDIT: It should be clarified that the function itself does not actually return ANY order as one of the return values. Instead it is used in a for loop to iterate through the table it returns, which is ordered by creation date.

For example: esoui/pregameandingame/zo_addonmanager/zo_addonmanager.lua

Code:
for i=1, self:GetNumCharacters() do
            local name = self:GetCharacterInfo(i)
I didn't check, but doesn't "order" as a return value work? It's not yet documented in the wiki but used in the character selection screen.

local name, gender, level, championPoints, class, race, alliance, id, locationId, order, needsRename = GetCharacterInfo(characterIndex)
08/17/21, 02:39 AM   #3
Sharlikran

Probably only on the PTS though

https://github.com/ESOUIMods/esoui/b...nager.lua#L303
08/17/21, 03:36 AM   #4
Irniben

Ok, nevermind - I think the function just behaves differently when called pre-game...
08/17/21, 03:42 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Irniben View Post
Ok, nevermind - I think the function just behaves differently when called pre-game...
Yep, you are right. This was answered by ZOs in the past. After pre-game the param is either not returned or not correct somehow.

And no: It does not differ on live or PTS but is just a pre-game vs. in-game thing.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [open] Return CURRENT order with GetCharacterInfo(i)