04/09/14, 05:10 PM   #1
Sidney
Question [REQUEST] Popout chat addon with tabs based off WoW's "WIM" Addon

Hi :3

I'm wondering if anyone is currently working on or interested in creating a mod that does what the mod "WIM" does.

WIM stands for Wow Instant Messenger and creates chat windows that messages pop out in (either pm's or guild, channels etc, it's configurable) and they can be put in tabs so they stick/group together.

Here's a link to what I'm looking for: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wim-3
04/09/14, 07:25 PM   #2
Halja

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is not possible right now. Zenimax blocks sending out messages to the chat channels. SendChatMessage is a private function now and only available for them to use. I know a lot of the add-on developer are getting requests for send chat message features including me.

I would suggest petition them. Our hands are tied but we would like SendChatMessage back.
--halja
04/09/14, 08:09 PM   #3
scootter

Originally Posted by Halja View Post
That is not possible right now. Zenimax blocks sending out messages to the chat channels. SendChatMessage is a private function now and only available for them to use. I know a lot of the add-on developer are getting requests for send chat message features including me.

I would suggest petition them. Our hands are tied but we would like SendChatMessage back.
--halja
Well that sucks! I would really like an audible alert when a tell comes in to me.
04/09/14, 08:34 PM   #4
Sidney
That sucks but thanks for the info.

Maybe we can get a thread big enough to convince them to do something like this for us but I doubt it as they have a lot on their plate and more important things to worry about.
04/09/14, 11:04 PM   #5
Halja

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by broscottcho View Post
Well that sucks! I would really like an audible alert when a tell comes in to me.
You still can listen to inbound chat message, events, and may be able to play a sound. You just can't send one out with lua.
04/10/14, 04:36 PM   #6
scootter

Originally Posted by Halja View Post
You still can listen to inbound chat message, events, and may be able to play a sound. You just can't send one out with lua.
Awesome, good to know my want is still alive. Now to find someone who can do this.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [REQUEST] Popout chat addon with tabs based off WoW's "WIM" Addon