06/27/18, 03:05 PM   #1
Carande
Addons and Win10 OneDrive

I had Zos fix one of my animation graphics which was not activating. The first time I logged after the fix, I had a fresh version of the game which required all legal acceptances, server to be specified and then showed the intro animation before starting the game without any ADDONS. I was shocked since I never had any issues with addons before. Extensive search has revealed that ESO uses OneDrive for Win10 addons so I assume the fix they did moved the addons file pointer from the normal 'live' addons file to a OneDrive file. Problem is I don't have OneDrive on my Win10 install.

I really dont want to use OneDrive but I cant live without addons. What would be the best way to resolve this impass?? Anyone have any past experience with this issue??
06/27/18, 03:12 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are not using OneDrive on Windows 10 then ESO can hardly move the addons there

Check if you really do not have OneDrive activated by checking your "File explorer" within windows. If there is a OneDrive entry in the folder tree list and you click it, it will either start the setup (if you haven't done this before already) or it will show you the OneDrive folder which is active and used by Windows.

If you want to find your directory for the addons you can look at this thread here:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7895

Maybe the batch file helps you to find it.
Or use a file search and search for "AddonSettings.txt" or "UserSettings.txt" which are a filed created by the game (you need to have logged in at least once!) after login and they are most likely in the folder where there should be the subfolder AddOns containing your addons.
06/27/18, 03:51 PM   #3
Carande
I am sure I do not have OneDrive on my system, there is no folder in the tree. I have been using the local addon file since I installed Win10 and had no issues with addons. but suddenly after the fix, it cannot find my addons.

If this doesnt work do you think the last resort is to reinstall my game to get the right addon file location?

And thank you for your help!

Last edited by Carande : 06/27/18 at 04:01 PM.
06/27/18, 06:24 PM   #4
Carande
OK, here is the deal...somehow my active addons file got moved to a totally different location. Dont know if it was the animation fix they did for me, or if it went up against some Win10 update or what happened.

I went into the game and modified some video settings which updated the UserSettings.txt file. Closed the game and searched on the file.

Found the new one under C:/programData/Elder Scrolls Online/live/addons .... I loaded my addons, variables and updated the txt files, fired up the game and MIRACLE....addons restored!
06/28/18, 10:06 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Somehow your user directory is then pointing to c:/programData as it seems. Maybe there is created a simlink (google it please) between the folders or your windows user directory/documents is broken.

Try go open %userprofile% in the windows explorer, where does it open? Is there a documents folder in it?

Last edited by Baertram : 06/28/18 at 10:08 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons and Win10 OneDrive