01/22/16, 10:37 PM   #1
aJamDonut
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post Persistent Notepad

Hey,

This may exist so if you can point me there it would be greatly appreciated.

I just want a simple notepad which can be typed into and be resized and keeps it content even when closing and opening the client or switching chars etc.

The notepad should be persistent with a "Minimize" feature similar or extended onto chat.

The notepad can be seen inside guild store, cp point galaxy, anywhere possible.

Bonuses:
+ You can have an item link in the notepad contents (including achievements links)
+ 'Link in notepad' feature on right-click of items/achievements
+ Option for transparent or non-transparent background
+ Multiple notes (tabs or windows?)

Thanks for any responses.
01/23/16, 03:00 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

I am currently using ZAMNotebook which covers almost all of your points. I don't think it allows for clickable links though and it hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe you can take it over and add that feature?
01/23/16, 08:32 PM   #3
aJamDonut
Thumbs up

Much appreciated! I was searching for something like this for weeks. I'm gonna give it a go now and i'll even check out the code, see how difficult that linking is.. I'm sure it not easy feat.

Thanks alot!
01/23/16, 08:34 PM   #4
aJamDonut
Smile

oh hey also while you're here. thanks a lot for all of your addons - i have a lot of them and couldnt do the things i want without them
01/24/16, 12:12 AM   #5
BigMons

There is an addon simply called "Notebook" that is basically the update to ZAM Notebook, although it hasn't been updated in a bit either. I think there may even be a link to it on the ZAM Notebook page. You can even run lua scripts from the notebook. Just paste the data into the book, then click an icon to execute the code. I've tried both addons and both seemed to work fine for me. I'm currently using Notebook though because I like the interface better than the ZAM variant and you can fit more text on the screen without scrolling. Notebook actually drops 3 notebooks/addons into the addons directory, but you can just delete the other 1 or 2 if you don't want them. The only issue that I have with Notebook is the frame strata. My notebook appears underneath all other UI elements on my screen. I'd prefer it to be on top or move to the top if I click on it.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Persistent Notepad