03/04/14, 04:01 PM   #1
pinmouse
Exclamation Chat Sounds?

One thing for me that I feel like I REALLY need when I play MMO's are chat sounds. Especially for Whispers and Party Chat. Otherwise I tend to miss a lot of important chat. If someone could implement something similiar to this for WoW http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hatSounds.html I would really appreciate it. Even if it was much less robust and only had some mp3 files that you could swap out. So long as there are sounds for Party and Whisper I'm happy!
03/08/14, 05:18 PM   #2
Blenz
Halfway solution

My understanding is that as of right now there is no method available to add additional sounds to the game to be used by addons. Source

However, there is a function in the ESO API called "PlaySound(string soundName)" which should allow addons to play sounds already existing in the game. You'd just need to find one suitable for a chat notification.
03/08/14, 11:15 PM   #3
pinmouse
If worse came to worse that would suffice... wish I knew how to make these damn addons, seems like it'd be an easy one. Perhaps I'll have to give it a go.
03/08/14, 11:37 PM   #4
Errc
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by pinmouse View Post
If worse came to worse that would suffice... wish I knew how to make these damn addons, seems like it'd be an easy one. Perhaps I'll have to give it a go.
Yeah it should be pretty straight forward.

You can find all of the Sounds at

/zgoo SOUNDS
(You have to download Zgoo obviously)

Then to play a sound is just PlaySound(SOUNDS.ABILITY_SLOTTED) or whichever sound you want.

The event you will want to use is EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL(channel,player,text)
03/09/14, 02:16 PM   #5
Blenz
Zgoo databases?

Thanks Errc, I've been curious about what Zgoo can do for you (waiting for the next beta to go play with it), and now I really see the power of it. Do you know if there are any databases online yet with tables/lists of information from Zgoo, such as all of the sound names? Or is this another PTS hush-hush thing?

I'm working on an addon right now that has hit a dead-end until I can get a list of the crafting pattern names.
03/25/14, 03:33 PM   #6
pinmouse
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Errc View Post
Yeah it should be pretty straight forward.

You can find all of the Sounds at

/zgoo SOUNDS
(You have to download Zgoo obviously)

Then to play a sound is just PlaySound(SOUNDS.ABILITY_SLOTTED) or whichever sound you want.

The event you will want to use is EVENT_CHAT_MESSAGE_CHANNEL(channel,player,text)
Sounds great, but I don't really know how to make addons. I would love to try and take this on myself if someone could point me in the right direction. Otherwise if you (or someone reading this) would throw this together I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat Sounds?