AddOn Author - Click to view addons
yeah yeah, I know, all those crafts addons need some rework.. :/
03/09/15, 02:35 PM   #22
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hello ZOS,

I won't complain about your quality management too much, but could it be that you fixed the problem by generating a new one?

I got a new bug at crafting stations "Create item" now:
-Build some armor, e.g. some shoulders for level 30. Amount of Materials used: 6
-Switch to another armor where the materials needed are > 6, e.g. a chest part for level 30 as well.
-Switch back to any other armor part that needs less amount of materials then the part before (e.g. 6 = again)

Result: You could craft that next aromor piece now but its level won#t be 30 anymore, but 34 or higher!
It seems as if the needed crafting materials for each armor part/weapon is triggering the weapon level now, if you craft & switch aromor/weapons then.

I could alos rebuild this with daggers and 2hd weapons e.g. sometimes.

At least the style and traits are being kept now

Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
By the way do you know what causes current crafting staions bug (material quantity resets to its default value)? It's a typo in this added code ("currentSelectedQuality" instead of "currentSelectedQuantity"):

Lua Code:
  1. local currentSelectedQuantity = self:GetMaterialQuantity(data.patternIndex, data.materialIndex)
  3. if currentSelectedQuality == nil then --here
  4.     self:SetMaterialQuantity(data.patternIndex, data.materialIndex, data.min)
  5.     currentSelectedQuantity = data.min
  6. end

Easy solution for this issue is creating global variable currentSelectedQuality and update it every time when you call GetMaterialQuantity method:
Lua Code:
  1. local originalGetMaterialQuantity = ZO_SharedSmithingCreation.GetMaterialQuantity
  2. function ZO_SharedSmithingCreation:GetMaterialQuantity(...)
  3.     currentSelectedQuality = originalGetMaterialQuantity(self, ...)
  4.     return currentSelectedQuality
  5. end
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
This typo will be fixed in the next patch.
03/09/15, 05:02 PM   #23
merlight
The crafting UI should be rewritten from scratch. How many times did you come to a crafting station and thought: I will use 7 of these, 8 of these and 6 of those to create who knows what level of something? I go to a crafting station because I want to craft level 30 gear, period. I don't care how many what materials it takes to craft level 20 or level 40.

Edit: I should probably clarify my suggestion -- there should be one global level selector shared across all smithing stations. No material/amount selector, this would only show what you need to craft your desired level.

Last edited by merlight : 03/09/15 at 05:07 PM.
03/09/15, 05:12 PM   #24
Randactyl
I had an idea to essentially rewrite the crafting UI around update 3. I haven't done much with it as I'm not super comfortable with scenes, fragments, and tons of controls and I haven't had time to delve into those things due to work and school schedules. Might be a summer project to consider
03/09/15, 07:34 PM   #25
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You are right merlight. I don't like to take 10 minutes just to craft a single thing neither. It should be kept simple, or switchable if some roleplayers like the current style and (buggy) behaviour.

And to Randactyl:
It's your time and maybe it helps learning more about the game UI, controls etc.
But imo: At some point we should stop doing the work of the payed game developers
Or they could show a reward like unique stuff that others CAN'T and WON'T never be able to buy in any crown shop or whatever shop.
I'd like to have my unique Bear

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
The crafting UI should be rewritten from scratch. How many times did you come to a crafting station and thought: I will use 7 of these, 8 of these and 6 of those to create who knows what level of something? I go to a crafting station because I want to craft level 30 gear, period. I don't care how many what materials it takes to craft level 20 or level 40.

Edit: I should probably clarify my suggestion -- there should be one global level selector shared across all smithing stations. No material/amount selector, this would only show what you need to craft your desired level.
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
I had an idea to essentially rewrite the crafting UI around update 3. I haven't done much with it as I'm not super comfortable with scenes, fragments, and tons of controls and I haven't had time to delve into those things due to work and school schedules. Might be a summer project to consider

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Crafting Station Bug