05/06/14, 08:27 AM   #1
sayl
[Request] Area effect damage indication

As a player who plays in first person, it is possible but not optimal to do most of the content in this handicapped state. However all end game avenues of progression (vet dungeons, pvp) are very much based on keeping out of area effects. If modders could come up with other ways of notification of standing in area effects you may be able to save this unique feature of ESO.

There are many ways to accomplish this task, if you could make the area effect indicator "higher" as in give it a visual effect that would reach the lower eye line of a player in first person, or less optimally would indicate when area effect damage was happening on the target so that they may move out this would help immensely. If anyone could figure this out I think it would be a great boon the community.

Thanks
05/06/14, 09:12 AM   #2
Tonyleila

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a note for patch 1.1 that you can optimize the view field in first person mode. I guess that woud help.
http://www.tesoelite.com/forums/thre...v-slider.1534/
05/06/14, 01:40 PM   #3
sayl
It is exactly this reason why it would be a great time to start on a mod that could enable first person players to do the dungeons. Giving players higher FOV will not allow them to see every area effect unless that FOV was so far off you could see your feet. With these changes to FOV combined with a clever mod there could be an emergent and immersive way to play ESO but I don't think an FOV slider alone will fix all the issues with it at end game.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Area effect damage indication