04/18/14, 01:10 AM   #1
Pitchshifter
[Request] Enemy Debuff Timers

As a siphon and dw knightblade, i have several abilities that leave debuffs or bleeds on my targets. I would like to see timers in the form of bars for each of my debuffs on a target. DoT timers is the WoW term for what I'm looking for. Thoughts?
04/18/14, 02:04 AM   #2
SilverWF

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Pitchshifter View Post
As a siphon and dw knightblade, i have several abilities that leave debuffs or bleeds on my targets. I would like to see timers in the form of bars for each of my debuffs on a target. DoT timers is the WoW term for what I'm looking for. Thoughts?
There is no direct possiblities to track any buffs/debuffs what is shorter than 30sec - this possiblity was removed after release
04/18/14, 01:11 PM   #3
Pitchshifter
Originally Posted by SilverWF View Post
There is no direct possiblities to track any buffs/debuffs what is shorter than 30sec - this possiblity was removed after release
That's lame... Well, here's to hoping they change that in the near future. Cheers!
05/03/14, 02:12 AM   #4
Pitchshifter
So I've had a thought. It seems to me that one would be able to make a small box with bars showing "estimated" times, if not downright completely accurate. The data these bars represent would be pulled directly from the combat log. For example: I cast Twin Slashes > the combat log reports it > the UI should recognize the attack and begin counting down 9 seconds (for the applied bleed effect.)

That's just a basic idea. I'm sure some of you smarter and more creative people can run with it. Or, maybe I'm way off base. Either way, Cheers.

Edit: If this is an awesome idea that has somehow not yet been thought of, I expect tributes and offerings. Acceptable gifts include but are not limited to: Gold, silver, marble statues carved in my manly likeness and local libraries should all be renamed in my honor. Oh, and a helicopter. Or not, whatever.

Last edited by Pitchshifter : 05/03/14 at 02:19 AM.
05/03/14, 04:19 AM   #5
Teli
Foundry Tactical Combat does this. It estimates the time of the debuffs on your target. It works pretty well. But there are issues sometimes like when the target is dead and it still shows the debuff on him.
05/03/14, 04:35 AM   #6
Kith
Originally Posted by Teli View Post
Foundry Tactical Combat does this. It estimates the time of the debuffs on your target. It works pretty well. But there are issues sometimes like when the target is dead and it still shows the debuff on him.
Thats due to there being no (current) way to see if a target thats died was the one you had your buffs on. The best you can do is clear any lingering debuffs once combat ends. I'm working on adding debuff tracking to my timing mod as well and hit upon the same caveats with it. You can only assume that a cast on a target succeeds and that it runs the full duration intended; the UI gives no feedback at all about whats happening with debuffs on your target.

I'm perfectly fine with not being able to see other peoples/targets buffs and debuffs from other people, but it'd be really nice to get EVENT feedback as to our own buffs and debuffs :P

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Enemy Debuff Timers