01/20/23, 10:36 AM   #1
elzzid
Nevermind!

Edit: I don't know how to delete this thread, but ignore this all... I don't know where I saw that it required python2, but I don't see it anymore... Apologies.

Last edited by elzzid : 01/25/23 at 11:13 AM.
01/20/23, 11:50 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not into the depth of the dependencies and the coding of Minion but you might have a look here if you search for a working Minion replacement for Linux:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...onManager.html

I cannot say something about its dependencies and versions etc. but it's pretty new and the dev is still around -> using the addon comments.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/23 at 12:32 PM.
01/20/23, 12:24 PM   #3
elzzid
Thanks! I will definitely check that out.

Edit: Definitely shows promise, but it doesn't seem to handle addons as well as the official Minion app. I have several that show up with updates that can't be updated, and it seems those that I did update through Linion were subsequently broken. It very well could be an issue that I can fix on my end, but it will take a considerable amount of work I think. Hopefully I can find the time to troubleshoot it at some point and submit a bug report.

Last edited by elzzid : 01/25/23 at 11:06 AM.
01/26/23, 10:39 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have a look over here, someone said you can rebuild the dependencies of Java SDK that Minion needs, and which uses Python2.
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=38

Edit:
I just saw you had edited your post. There must have been that Python2 dependency somehwere as other Linux users also wrote about it.
Maybe the Java SDK was updated and the dependency removed there.
01/30/23, 10:13 AM   #5
elzzid
Unfortunately that didn't work for me. I replied over there, but that does seem like it might be where the python2 dependency was coming from.

Thank you for pointing me to that thread though! I had missed it.
02/16/23, 07:50 AM   #6
elzzid
Final post on this thread. It was, as Baertram pointed out, Java 8 (java8-openjfx) that needs Python2. Thankfully it is only a build requirement, not runtime. I'm sure there are posts elsewhere about this, but it would still be great to see Minion use a newer version of Java!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Python2 Dependency