04/04/20, 06:26 PM   #1
Psycrow
Minion is dead...

So i installed ESO again and minion to keep up my addons.
When i open minion and scan the pc and choose the addon folder for eso then i get a blank page in minion leaving me with the + in the corner...like nothing happend at all.

I tryed to adress the game folder and the user/live/addon folder and its own minion folder..
I tryed to delete xlm file and i tryed to install admin and i scanned with ccleaner and nothing what i do works..so ergo minion is dead...rip

It did work before tho but it we need 1 minute silent for that program...
04/05/20, 05:54 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The same questions each day... Do you even try to search and read the forums before posting? Sorry, but if you did, tell us what you have tried already so we know.

If you did not:
Did you first read the sticky troubleshoot thread at the top and tried all in there?
Install Minion into another folder than c:/users
Try to add Minion and ESO live folder to your windows anti-virus whitelist/exclusion list.

Delete the Minion.xml file and start over. Start Minion as admin, 32bit executable of minion installed!
After pressing the + add game button choose your users/... /documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns folder. Then wait and if the list keeps empty just close and restart Minion as admin. It should be ready now.

Last edited by Baertram : 02/26/22 at 06:46 AM.
04/05/20, 10:47 AM   #3
Psycrow
Yes i tried everything..the only think i dident try tho was throwing salt behind my shoulders and pray...
So i just wanted bump up this problem since its wierd

But i cant try and start over again today and see if the ghost has left

*Update

I tryed to install the 32 bit version again and i followed that sticky list step by step.
I dont use antivirus beside windows 10 own app.

Then i opened minion and followed the guide to show it where my game addons are installed.
And again i was stuck with a blank window in minion. So i increased the scan rate again to full scan.
Then i opened minion again like normal..no admin modes.
And now it works again...ghost in the shells..

So if you get a blank window in minion then its nor ur antivirus or admin mode or xml files that neds to be deleted.
Its just random if it works or not and ur helpless..so try 2o time and it prolly works...russian roulette program

I did this last day 10 times, so why does it work today suddenly ?

Last edited by Psycrow : 04/05/20 at 11:15 AM.
04/05/20, 01:46 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not sure why but it can have many causes. Network, windows patches, windows firewall, your java version, ...

If I get problems with Minion I logout, delete the Minion.xml file (make a backup before),
then run Minion with priviledged rights (right click Minion link -> run as administrator or right click Minion.exe -> properties -> Advanced -> Always start as admin) and setup the whole new.
After adding the game via the + button and after the scan took place I close Minion (right click the system tray icon and close it completely! Check with taskmanager that Minion.exe is gone or close it via the system tray icon correctly).
After the next start (with admin rights) all is there and running in 90% of my cases.
04/06/20, 12:00 PM   #5
Psycrow
After adding the game via the + button and after the scan took place I close Minion (right click the system tray icon and close it completely! Check with taskmanager that Minion.exe is gone or close it via the system tray icon correctly).
After the next start (with admin rights) all is there and running in 90% of my cases.[/quote]

I think i did similar and it helped after 10 times or so

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion is dead...