01/20/19, 04:18 AM   #1
cag_dk

Player(you) ping on map

Is there an addon that will give off a rally point on you? (player position on map) whenever you open map?
Ideally it should only 'ping' 2-3 times and not constantly.

Lets say if you teleport to a random friend and then open map it's here I'd like the visual ping, to indicate if you're in the vicinity of your desired location or in the opposite end of the map.

Or is this a future project/wish list item for the devs?
01/20/19, 10:40 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open map and press keybind "R" to center yourself on the map?
01/20/19, 11:13 AM   #3
cag_dk

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Open map and press keybind "R" to center yourself on the map?
Yes, I know, but this also zooms in, what I seek is the full_zone_view where a quick ping (like the rally point)
would indicate where you are, on first open of the map because sometimes your little arrow disappears in all the symbols on the map (can't see the forrest for the trees )
01/20/19, 12:07 PM   #4
Ekoe
Originally Posted by cag_dk View Post
Yes, I know, but this also zooms in, what I seek is the full_zone_view where a quick ping (like the rally point)
would indicate where you are, on first open of the map because sometimes your little arrow disappears in all the symbols on the map (can't see the forrest for the trees )

I too would LOVE something like this, where we can keep our zoomed out Map (especially nice in Cyrodil for seeing the overall battles) and STILL be able to find where the heck our icon is. A larger icon, colour options and YES a ping rally point would be SUCH a bonus!
01/20/19, 12:22 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Try this script while the map is opened (paste into chat and press return key):

Lua Code:
  1. /script local delay=0 delay2=0 for i=1, 5 do delay = i*400 delay2=75 local myPin = ZO_WorldMap_GetPinManager():GetPlayerPin():GetControl() zo_callLater(function()  myPin:SetDimensions(350, 350) zo_callLater(function() myPin:SetDimensions(18, 18) end, delay2) end, delay) end

It should change your own map pin to the bigger size 5 times, making it blink for you.

If you like this idea I could add it as keybind to the game or as a function if you open the map (if this would work).
But I'm not going tochange the icon's color, etc. and fullfill other requests as it would take too much time to check all the map stuff. As you can see the map will automatically change the size and everything back to normal so this is the only thing I can help with.

Btw: If you use Votans Minimap it wil leven work to blink on the minimap as it uses the base gaem map (in a smaller window).
So you do not need to open the map but just have the minimap opened is enough.
Sometimes it does not work in Cyrodiil (on the minimap) though.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/19 at 04:19 PM.
01/20/19, 12:25 PM   #6
cag_dk

Originally Posted by Ekoe View Post
... A larger icon, colour options...
Votans Group Pins might help you there.. for the other wishes, we hope
01/20/19, 12:32 PM   #7
cag_dk

Try this script while the map is opened...
If this works, you're right on the money Beartram... simple but functional.
will get back to you on his later
01/20/19, 01:17 PM   #8
Ekoe
Re: larger Icon, ty for the thought, but I simply want my own icon enlarged and the colour altered, not the added clutter of a group of 24's icons enlarged lol. Cyrodil already has more going on visually than I want to deal with... LOL

I did try the script mentioned above, went into Cyrodil and pasted it in chat and hit enter, but it didn't seem to work for me.. Hopefully you'll have better luck

Last edited by Ekoe : 01/20/19 at 01:20 PM.
01/20/19, 01:23 PM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
For me it works fine.
You need to open the map BEFORE running the script.

Your light blue triangle icon will chnage its size 5 times from normal to big and back, starting a kind of a flickering.
You can change the size in the SetDimensions(width, height) function parameters.
And the time between the flickers in milliseconds in the first function part
delay = i*400

Sometimes it only blinks 4 times instead of 5. I realised that if you lower the milliseconds below 250 it won't be changing enough to notice it anymore.
01/20/19, 03:57 PM   #10
cag_dk

getting UI error

tried your /script, both with and without addons loaded (used Circonians Addon Selector to unload)
but got this error ini both insidents:

Code:
[string "local delay=0 for i=1, 5 do delay = i*400 zo_callLater(function() ZO_WorldMap_GetPinManager():GetPlayerPin():SetDimensions(400, 400) end, delay) end"]:1: function expected instead of nil
stack traceback:
[string "local delay=0 for i=1, 5 do delay = i*400 zo_callLater(function() ZO_WorldMap_GetPinManager():GetPlayerPin():SetDimensions(400, 400) end, delay) end"]:1: in function 'func'
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:207: in function '(anonymous)'

Last edited by cag_dk : 01/20/19 at 04:00 PM.
01/20/19, 04:09 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Oh sorry, I had changed it with some intel from Votan and forgot to test it. Have changed the script so it should work again now:

Lua Code:
  1. /script local delay, delay2=0 for i=1, 5 do delay = i*350 delay2=75 local myPin = ZO_WorldMap_GetPinManager():GetPlayerPin():GetControl() zo_callLater(function()  myPin:SetDimensions(350, 350) zo_callLater(function() myPin:SetDimensions(18, 18) end, delay2) end, delay) end

If you want to have the icon resize to another size change the values 350, 350 to new values like e.g. 200, 200.
If you want to have it blinkk only 3 times change the value for i=1, 5 to for i=1, 3.
If you want to blink faster chnage the values delay = i*350 delay2=75 to e.g. delay = i*250 delay2=50

Btw: If you use Votans Minimap it wil leven work to blink on the minimap as it uses the base gaem map (in a smaller window).
So you do not need to open the map but just have the minimap opened is enough.
Sometimes it does not work in Cyrodiil (on the minimap) though.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/19 at 04:25 PM.
01/20/19, 04:40 PM   #12
cag_dk

ok, your last /script works

I've fiddled a bit with the size and delays and it looks good (opted for 6x 200/50 200x200 but that's me).

Can this be implemented so it activates automaticly on opening map? or is it only doable by keybind? Both would be nice (dealers choice)

TIA
01/20/19, 04:43 PM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Just found a better way to make the icon increase and lower in size animated. Try this script:
Lua Code:
  1. /script local myPin = ZO_WorldMap_GetPinManager():GetPlayerPin():GetControl() if myPin then local scaling=25 local animation, timeline = CreateSimpleAnimation(ANIMATION_SCALE, myPin, 150) animation:SetScaleValues(1, scaling) animation:SetDuration(150) timeline:SetPlaybackType(ANIMATION_PLAYBACK_PING_PONG, 3) timeline:PlayFromStart() end

As I find the time I'll add this to my addon FCOChangeStuff for the map hacks and see if a keybind will work and/or automatically upon opening the map is possible.
Works on Votans Minimap as well but need to adjust the scaling factor from 25 to 2 or the icon will cover the hole minimap^^

Edit:
Ok done, updating FCOChangeStuff now. Keybind and map open auto pingpong was added. Should be on esoui and Minion for download soon.

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/19 at 05:09 PM.
01/20/19, 06:04 PM   #14
cag_dk

ok, installed FCOChangeStuff and the ping-pong works with a keybind, but not automaticly...
also I never saw it work on Votan's Minimap either
01/20/19, 06:16 PM   #15
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Did you change the settings to automatically show at the map as you opened it?
What other addons are you using? Please disable ALL other addons except FCO ChangeStuff and Votans MiniMap, and test if it works then.

For me it is working fine, and I got several other addons enabled.
It should just recognize the map's scene state and if it shows do the same as pressing the keybind.
01/20/19, 06:48 PM   #16
cag_dk

Did you change the settings to automatically show at the map as you opened it?
What other addons are you using? Please disable ALL other addons except FCO ChangeStuff and Votans MiniMap, and test if it works then.

For me it is working fine, and I got several other addons enabled.
It should just recognize the map's scene state and if it shows do the same as pressing the keybind.
With only FCO CS & Votans MiniMap + req. libs enabled (Circonians Addon Selector / Harven's AS2LAM also disabled),
still no auto-ping, keybind works on both big and mini map
01/20/19, 06:52 PM   #17
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This is weird. Why does it work for me then And if the keybinding works, it's the same code, it should as well do for you.
It will only check if the map is opened and then wait for half a second and blink 2 times at the given player pin.

Are you sure you have enabled the auto ping settings in the FCOChangeStuff settings menu?

Here is how it looks like for me:
Video of map open

Last edited by Baertram : 01/20/19 at 06:56 PM.
01/20/19, 06:58 PM   #18
cag_dk

The auto ping is on by default.. I haven't changed a thing in FCO-CS settings,
have tried with it off also, no effect (turned it back on).

Found a skyshrine out of town, just to make sure the zoomed town view wasn't a factor, same result.

Saw (and remembered) you are running a German client.. could this be a factor?
01/20/19, 07:03 PM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Nope, I'm uisng the map's scene event which fires each time you shopw or hide the map. This is language and client independent.

Please enable the settings "reopen map upon mounting".
Does it work then?
01/20/19, 07:04 PM   #20
cag_dk

Nope, I'm uisng the map's scene event which fires each time you shopw or hide the map. This is language and client independent.

Please enable the settings "reopen map upon mounting".
Does it work then?
Yes, that did it

Works perfect now Beartram, thanks!

Last edited by cag_dk : 01/20/19 at 07:52 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Player(you) ping on map